Good and Bad from 10/21-10/28

timoteo

Original Poster
I went friday the 24th. The lighting effects were good. the headless was neat. But I felt it was too crowded. It did not really feel like a party. I did not get into the spirit of the thing for what ever reason. I did not need to spend the extra money I guess.

O'Malley

We just got back as well, and I can tell you that the overwhelming number of British accents you hear were probably Aussies. We usually go in mid-October, and I believe this is the start of the kids summer vacation down there, so they come to America.

As far as lines go, don't assume that if there's fewer people, the lines will be shorter! If Disney has half the Guests they normally have, they operate the rides at half capacity, so double queue/double load rides like Space Mountain, Big Thunder, etc. will run single queue lines to save money (fewer Cast Members).

But October is rapidly becoming a favorite for families, thanks in part to the dozen or so guide books (and the internet) telling you October has the lightest crowds. I witnessed several stressed out mom's and dad's using the "you should be in school now anyway, quit your whining" line. Also noticed LOTS of Florida locals, who seem to have been to the parks so many times, they simply hit the thrill rides and never stop to smell the roses.
:lookaroun

Yellow Shoes

Originally posted by O'Malley
But October is rapidly becoming a favorite for families, thanks in part to the dozen or so guide books (and the internet) telling you October has the lightest crowds.

I agree. Sometimes we are too "smart" for our own good. And Disney has responded to this by making October "regular" season. Guess we'll have to shoot for September or November. I suspect that the first week of December is likewise getting crazy busy because of numerous sources recommending it.

Originally posted by O'Malley
I witnessed several stressed out mom's and dad's using the "you should be in school now anyway, quit your whining" line.

How much does this make you want to SCREAM??
:zipit:

aim

Originally posted by timoteo
I went friday the 24th. The lighting effects were good. the headless was neat. But I felt it was too crowded. It did not really feel like a party. I did not get into the spirit of the thing for what ever reason. I did not need to spend the extra money I guess.

I was there that night also. We didn't really ride anything. We just walked around and got the candy. And watched the 2nd parade. Did you get your complimentary photo taken? I got ours in the mail yesterday.

metman

we were over 2 weeks ago it is the english school holidays in the uk this week so that is why we come over, also it is in the low 10s in england and the high 26-28s over where you are for the weather.

hope you had a good holiday anyway.

can any one add is december the first or second week best to go.

timoteo

Original Poster
I saw those photo ops. I did not realize they were complimentary. See that is what I mean. I actually steered clear of all those people calling out for photos because I though they wanted more money. I think I was just too tired and needed to go back to the room. And when I get like that I start to get even more cynical than usual. You did better.

copper

I was at the Halloween party on the 24th as well and I too thought it was crowded. The party was fun but I don't think it was worth the extra money either. My kids were dead tired the next day and had to take a nap after breakfast. We didn't get to Epcot that day until 2:00. When we returned home from our trip on the 29th our complimentary pictures were there. As far as the UK tourists go, It was a UK school holiday that week so thats why there were so many Brits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom