Golf @ WDW

Champion

Looking to play at least a round or two on property on my next trip.

Couple questions if anyone can answer them.

First, Disney has this quote on their site:

Transportation is provided at no charge (via taxi) to and from select Walt Disney World® Resorts for Guests playing at one of the Disney Golf Courses. The Valet Desk or Bell Services will call the taxi for Guests. The Pro Shop or the golf operations staff at the golf course will assist Guests in returning to their Resort.There is no charge for parking at the golf courses.

Anyone know what 'select' resorts this includes?

And secondly, anyone who has played the courses, which are your favorites?

ImaYoyo

Looking to play at least a round or two on property on my next trip.

Couple questions if anyone can answer them.

First, Disney has this quote on their site:

Anyone know what 'select' resorts this includes?

And secondly, anyone who has played the courses, which are your favorites?
"select" means owned an operated. So no Swan, no Dolphin and no hotel plaza. When is your next trip? My favorite is Osprey, but It won't be around much longer (august). Magnolia is not bad, but osprey is amazing. I believe the WDWgolf site has the slope and rating on the site. It's got a good amount of terrain change for a floridian course. Long from the blacks too.

Upvote 0

welovewdw

I stayed a Pop Century and was given a voucher for free taxi service. It was easy, just call the front desk and they can arrange a pick up time.

I played the Lake Buena Vista course and loved it... (though not many palm trees :( ) but it's easy and wide open. it was like 80$ with cart. Also, you get good views of the Key West resort and some of downtown Disney on the back nine. But the back nine also has alot of construction going on as well.

Now that I am a 3 handicap instead of an 18 when I played there 2 years ago, I would like to play some of the more challenging courses. Anyone know the rates off the top of their head?

Upvote 0

Tink's Favorite

I love playing golf at the Disney courses, and in fact, I just got back (July 22nd) from a vacation there. It is true that both Eagle Pines and Osprey Ridge will not be around too much longer for Disney golfers, due to the Four Seasons, so playing there might be good for the experience before they disappear.

Eagle Pines is probably the easiest of the 5 18-hole courses, followed by Lake Buena Vista. Osprey Ridge, Magnolia, and Palm are about equal in my opinion in length and difficulty. Osprey may be a bit longer.

My favorites are Palm, Eagle Pines and Lake Buena Vista. Lake Buena Vista winds through Old Key West Resort, so there is a lot of scenery around, but also many buildings to hit if you are wild. They are replacing the greens at LBV this year, so it may be closed. I am uncertain when it will be available for play again.

Not sure when you are going, but there are price discounts during the summer if you start after 10am. Make sure you ask the reservationist. Also if you are a DVC member, you can buy a golf card for 50 bucks and get further discounts on rounds played.

My scores this year:
Palm - 95
Magnolia - 99
Osprey Ridge - 98

Upvote 0

jim1051

Have played Mad, Palm and LBV. Personally I like LBV because I'm a hacker and it seems a little less challenging for me. It still is a beautiful layout.

My opinion is that which couse you'll like depends a lot on your ability.

Check out the couse info online.

Upvote 0

DicksonGR

"select" means owned an operated. So no Swan, no Dolphin and no hotel plaza. When is your next trip? My favorite is Osprey, but It won't be around much longer (august). Magnolia is not bad, but osprey is amazing. I believe the WDWgolf site has the slope and rating on the site. It's got a good amount of terrain change for a floridian course. Long from the blacks too.

Are you sure about this? :shrug: I have a confirmed tee time on the 8th September for Osprey Ridge. I thought it was only Eagle Pines that was being majorly affected with only minor touch ups to osprey ridge. Osprey just went through a big rehab around this time last year.

I have to agree with you though. Osprey is my favourite course of the 5 18 holes courses and I've played all of them apart from LBV.

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

Are you sure about this? :shrug: I have a confirmed tee time on the 8th September for Osprey Ridge. I thought it was only Eagle Pines that was being majorly affected with only minor touch ups to osprey ridge. Osprey just went through a big rehab around this time last year.

I have to agree with you though. Osprey is my favourite course of the 5 18 holes courses and I've played all of them apart from LBV.
You may be correct. The info I have is that both are tentatively closing in August, but that "t"-word is always a beast...

Upvote 0

majortom1981

hmm

My gf's father plays every day of vacation every year. I think he stated that the two that are being reovated and removed where his faovorites. I will post back after I ask him.

I do know that he loves playing golf at disney and his wife has to drag him away kicking and screaming . :)

I know that at Saratoga Springs and Old Key West they provide the taxis service but I am not sure about the other resorts.

Upvote 0

gunsnroses

I have tee times in Sept. as well at Osprey Ridge. Haven't played it yet!! We tried to get Lake Buena Vista but was told it was gonna be under rehab. Played Magnolia last year, it was a loooong course for a hacker.

Upvote 0

LoveYa

Just Called a couple days ago to make our tee times, and they told me Eagle Pines Osprey and Vista will be closed and im going in August. I played Osprey couple years ago and it was amazing, very nice course. I just booked for the Palm, Has 9 water holes (which makes me nervous lol ) .. Hope its Just as nice!

Upvote 0
We went with another couple in May for a birthday get-away. We played Eagle Pines, which closes in August, the Magnolia and LBV. Loved them all. The wife and I went back in June and played Osprey Ridge, which is now my favorite course, but it will unfortunately close in 2010. (Call one of the pro shops for definite course closing dates)

After playing Osprey Ridge, we've officially played all 99 holes. While Osprey is now our favorite, they are all beautiful and challenging in their own ways. If you get the chance, try Oak Trail, the 9 hole course near the Palm and Magnolia, it was a great time.

And by the way, the only course that has ever driven a profanity-laced golf experience from me was the "Fairways" side of Fantasia Fairways mini-golf, near the boardwalk. Anyone who has ever played there knows what I'm talking about!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom