Going to WDW, and questions on booking

DonaldDuckfan

Hello, we have decided our dates, and which Hotel we want to stay at.
I would like to go ahead and make our ressies, but before I do I have a couple of questions.

1. When you book, do you book just a "room" or do you add the package on too?
I have heard that it is easier to add discount codes to the 'room only' than to room and packages, has anyone else heard this too?

2. I know Disney does not promise discount codes, but if they do, do you know what they look like for the end of Nov beginning of Dec? The dates that we are planning to go are from Nov 26-Dec3. Would they be just a room discount, or would we have to upgrade, because we have decided to stay at the Pop Centry?

3. Do they discount the packages too, we are considering the Silver package?

4. Can you add on more than one package, say the silver and the prince and princess package?

5. Do travel agengies have more luck getting better discounts, and or making PS? Or should we play the phone game ourselves?

Any help for the above questions would be great as well as tipps travelling with preschoolers!
Thanks.
DDF

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by DonaldDuckfan
1. When you book, do you book just a "room" or do you add the package on too?
I have heard that it is easier to add discount codes to the 'room only' than to room and packages, has anyone else heard this too?

I'd just book room only now. The cancelation policy is better (like 5 days) instead of most packages at about 45 days.

You can "add" discounts to any reservation. They usally re-book the whole thing under the discount code.

2. I know Disney does not promise discount codes, but if they do, do you know what they look like for the end of Nov beginning of Dec? The dates that we are planning to go are from Nov 26-Dec3. Would they be just a room discount, or would we have to upgrade, because we have decided to stay at the Pop Centry?

They are not out yet, mabe around the fall. Check out Mousesavers.com for the past trends.

3. Do they discount the packages too, we are considering the Silver package?

No, Silver, Gold, etc are usally at full cost. But they do discount the base package.

4. Can you add on more than one package, say the silver and the prince and princess package?

Hmm, don't know. Call and ask.

5. Do travel agengies have more luck getting better discounts, and or making PS? Or should we play the phone game ourselves?

Some do some don't. Some have set discounts like AAA at 10%. PS are a tricky thing. Some are not difficult to get, but the ones that are I wouldn't let up to someone you don't trust will get it for you (like a Castle Breakfast) and I'd do it myself.

Personally, I'll let the concieage service do most of the booking except for the ones I know need to be called the first possiable moment on the first day available. I'll do that myself.

Hope that helps. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom