Going in september

Karyn3

Hi all, we are graveling on sept 9th . Terrible time
ing I know, has anyone heard what will be closed and the castle. Look before oct 1st. Thanks as always for your help

Weather_Lady

Welcome! I don't think September is a terrible time to travel -- it will be hot and there's always the chance of hurricane-season wind and rain, but crowds will also be on the low side. A rainstorm or a heat wave in Disney World is still preferable (to me, anyway) than a comfortable day in my living room. ;)

It's hard to know what will be closed at this point (for refurbishment, or for 50th Anniversary decorating), as those schedules often change and things aren't always announced very far ahead. There are a number of websites that offer lists of closures and refurbishments -- I like the one at https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/closures -- and if you keep an eye on this site and the forums just before you go, you'll have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Upvote 0

macefamily

That's too far to predict anything, but looking at the trends, you should be in good shape. I'm hoping we get down in September too. We'd love Mickey's Not Too Scary Halloween and Universal Studios Horror Nights to be open. Missed both of them with the shutdown last year....

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

I think September will be a good time. I wouldn't think too much should be closed since they are preparing for Magic Kingdom's 50th Anniversary Celebration. You can enjoy the Fall/Halloween decorations & treats at the parks. Definitely hope that they have MNSSHP this year. If you get a chance to go over to Universal for their Halloween Horror Nights, that is a fun experience too. WDW should be less crowded than the beginning of October. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

MissViv

I am planning a trip for September too! Originally was looking to go the last week in October but pricing for the resorts is cheaper in Sept. and I can score the deal on tickets to the parks (5 days for the price of 3). More deals may come out later!

Upvote 0

Deanieb59

Hi all, we are graveling on sept 9th . Terrible time
ing I know, has anyone heard what will be closed and the castle. Look before oct 1st. Thanks as always for your help
We always go in September--crowds are lower and it still hot enough for pools and water parks. Hurricanes? Sure but where else would you rather be during one!!

Upvote 0

Schweino

It's gonna be hot :) Also, while I know this is pretty rare, but our trip in 2019 got cut short by Dorian, so there is always a chance a hurricane can come through.

I actually feel our trip in 2019 (last week of August) had smaller crowds than our last trip which was first week of December of last year. Even with Covid, wife and I agree that it was definitely more packed in December. The one thing I would caution is that people are putting off trips that were meant to go either last year or early parts of this year, and that causes a flood effect. It is entirely possible the crowds will be larger than historical projections.

Upvote 0

MissViv

I changed my trip to last week in October. September is just too HOT for me, especially with masks!

I downgraded my resort since there are generally no discounts for October but I will be happier with the (hopefully) cooler weather.

Upvote 0

ppet

The only problem with Sept is that it is blazingly hot. It's a great time for doing parks early and late while spending the mid afternoon in a pool some where. Be sure to bring plenty of gold bond powder and a little body glide. Sweaty feet can lead to blisters quickly and that is the best way I know to ruin a trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom