Going in Nov/Dec..

brydonj

Hi everyone,

We're heading back to the magic on the 30th November for 2 weeks with the kids (6, 4 & 10 months).... can't wait now, its coming so fast! :sohappy:

We've never been in December, normally go in the summer months or September, so don't really know what to expect. My wife really wanted to see the christmas celebrations, so we've opted to go for the first two weeks in December in the hope it will be quieter than going at Christmas.

Just wondering if anyone could help with some questions we've got, so we can be as organised as poss this time round..

What will the weather & crowds be like at this time - bear in mind we're coming from the Uk, so cold for the locals is not cold to us :lol:

For Mickeys Christmas Party, is there a (traditionally) quieter night to go? Never been to this, so really looking forward to it.

Are there any other Christmassy type things going on outside WDW that would be good for the kids?

It's only been 2 years since our last visit, but it seems so much has changed and there's lots of new things, which makes it even more exciting!

disneygirl1

Hi everyone,

We're heading back to the magic on the 30th November for 2 weeks with the kids (6, 4 & 10 months).... can't wait now, its coming so fast! :sohappy:

We've never been in December, normally go in the summer months or September, so don't really know what to expect. My wife really wanted to see the christmas celebrations, so we've opted to go for the first two weeks in December in the hope it will be quieter than going at Christmas.

Just wondering if anyone could help with some questions we've got, so we can be as organised as poss this time round..

What will the weather & crowds be like at this time - bear in mind we're coming from the Uk, so cold for the locals is not cold to us :lol:

For Mickeys Christmas Party, is there a (traditionally) quieter night to go? Never been to this, so really looking forward to it.

Are there any other Christmassy type things going on outside WDW that would be good for the kids?

It's only been 2 years since our last visit, but it seems so much has changed and there's lots of new things, which makes it even more exciting!

You are all going to absolutely love this time of year!!!

As far as crowds go, when we were there during the fist into second week in December last year, the crowds were minimal... All the major attractions had less then a 15-20 minute wait.

The weather varied... Some days it that in the 70's, other days it was in the mid 80's. I will say at night, it did get chilly. One night we even wore gloves to keep warm. We even woke up to frost one morning! But don't worry, it warms up pretty fast!

We also did MVMCP on the Tuesday night, and the crowds were not to bad. I suggest avoiding the weekend days and picking a day during the week.

Honestly, there was so much to do in Disney during the holidays, (Osborne Spectacle of lights, Candlelight processional, holidays around the world, MVMCP and exploring the resorts decorations) that we did not have time to venture out of the World, but I have heard that ICE at the Gaylord Palms Hotel is suppose to be really good!

I don't think too much has changed since you benn there, Toy Story mania has been added, as well as the American Idol Experience, and Fantasmic is not only shown on selected nights, as opposed to every night as it was before. I think that about covers it.

Have a blast!!! We just got back Sunday, and are already planning our trip in Nov/Dec of next year! Yes, I have an addiction! :lol:

Upvote 0

pacochran

It's a great time of year to go. We usually go that exact time except this year:cry:.

As for temeperatures it's generally upper 60's and low 70's during the day dropping at night. We are from New England and find it's great we still go swimming. It's funny to see many people wearing coats and having the portable heaters out, while we are in short sleeves and shorts.

As the previous poster said, generally the lines are shorter and not much wait, but we've been surprized at some days being more crowded, but not summer crowded.

I would suggest that you take a day and explore the resorts and see their decorations as well. The Grand Floridian and Beach Club are two of our favorites but the others are all decorated as well.

As to the Christmas Party I agree Tuesday is probably the best as towards the weekend more locals go so it is more likely to be sold out.

Have fun

Upvote 0

corey154

The weather for you being from the UK is prob. going to be hot...lol. It varies so much, it can be in the 80's or down to the 50's (50's are rare though) I think average is 70's.

The crowds will be lighter than christmas and summer so you should be pleased with them.

For the Christmas party I'd recommend going on a week night, locals tend to go to the weekends. (if i was you maybe try a tuesday or thursday) Buy your tickets in advance so it doesnt sell out)

Off WDW property we lOVE going to the gaylord palms resort and seeing ICE. It's sculptures and even an ice slide that's lots of fun. Plus the resort is decorated and has other things going on at times. Also Celebration (the neighborhood outside of disney) has a main street area that has places to eat and stuff going on. Here's the website you can get info for them: http://celebrationtowncenter.com/ee/index.php/events

Upvote 0

brydonj

Original Poster
Thanks very much everyone - it sounds like a great time of the year to be going.

I've had a look at the ICE website .. that looks great! I'm sure the kids would love it. I hadn't thought about the resorts all being done up, so will be sure to visit them.

Only disappointing thing is that we've not been able to get reservations for Chef Mickeys to do the character breakfast. Going back to the Crystal Palace though, which we really enjoyed the last couple of times, but had really fancied doing Chef Mickeys this time round. Hopefully we'll get something when we get over there, maybe try and get a cancellation.. fingers crossed!

One last question...for now anyway :zipit: ... When coming out of Fantasmic, would be still be able to head over and see the Osbourne Lights, or would we need to do them first?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom