Going in May, will it be worse?

Christhegr8

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

I have received some great insight by posting questions about the new fast pass system so far. I will be going in May to Disney World, for the 6th year in a row. I'm obviously very nervous based on all the controversy surrounding the new FPP system. I am wondering if there are thoughts on how things will be in May, does anyone forsee that Disney will be able to iron out the bad things about the system? Or do you think that it could be worse simply due to increased traffic in the early summer months? Also does anyone know if they will be allowing more than 3 FPs for the 24hour MK event on May 23-24? I have also heard a lot about how the cast members seem to be much more rude...is this really true? I have always felt that Disney made sure their employees are always smiling and that they cater to guest needs. I am worried this could be our last trip as we stay off site and it appears as though we are being treated as second teir customers. Just wondering what everyone thinks. Thanks

ratherbeinwdw

IMHO for people who are knowledgeable about the park and which rides need fp the most, it won't be that big of a deal. The problem will more likely be for the newbies who waste their fp's on rides that don't normally need a fp.
I know they will be able to change those, but I don't know if they'll have enough knowledge to know what to change etc. It is overwhelming enough the first time. However, if they do enough research, they will know which rides are a must for fp and that will help them tremendously. I have heard so many people say they only got to ride a small number of rides during busy times.
We had no problems with the fastpass part of our magicbands in Nov. They worked great. The wifi in the park was a problem as was linking special event tickets. My daughter and I have different carriers, but neither of us were able to get into the system many times.

Tom

Beta Return
For the most part, the FP+ system works just fine. The only "bad things" about it are based purely on personal opinion (i.e. people who would like to park-hop, or get more than 3 in a day). Otherwise, the system works from a technological standpoint.

You probably shouldn't expect to be able to change your FP+ selections after noon, or perhaps 2pm, if you're going during a busy week. But if you make your selections in advance, you should be fine.

Wifi in the parks is much better, but I still used my data plan often last week. The app was slow, but I was always able to use it, except during the morning when the entire system went down.

sissa216

We also had a good experience- and I think with the new system, it definitely favors those who do their homework and plan ahead. If someone's goal is to do rides and attractions, it is no longer a place where you can wing it. I guess it really hasn't been for a while, but even more so now.

We keep remarking how our most recent trip in December had some of the friendliest, happiest, most helpful CM's we've ever experienced. We visited for 10 days, and continually noticed the great attitudes around us. Someone else may have a different experience, but in our entire time of extensively touring the parks and resorts, we didn't have any negative encounters that I can remember (and we definitely hold Disney up to a very high standard).

I'm curious about FP+ with 24 hour event as well- I haven't seen anything different yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom