GMR closed 2nd, 5th, and 8th?

calismic

Original Poster
It's posted on disneyworld.com under Operational Updates. I just noticed it today as we're going to the World the 4th-10th and I wanted to see what was and wasn't closed.
It wasn't posted a week ago so its something new.

ToTBellHop

they are installing a loop. Starting February 9th, the cars will now launch from 0 to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds following the Oz scene.

pacochran

they are installing a loop. Starting February 9th, the cars will now launch from 0 to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds following the Oz scene.

:lol: I think that would improve the ride, might make me think about going on it again. I know lot's of people like this ride but my family kind of finds it boring :snore: .

Animaniac93-98

There turning the ride into "The Great Pirate and Princess movie ride" in order to sell more pirate and princess merchandise. Also, Dreamfinder will make a cameo. :p

ToTBellHop

THE SILVER SCREEN COMES TO LIFE AT FULL-SPEED

02/02/07

Lake Buena Vista, Fla. -- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts President Al Weiss today announced new magic coming to the Disney-MGM Studios as part of the Year of a Million Dreams Celebration. "During this special year, we really want to fulfill the dreams of all our guests, and we have been hearing for years that they would like to travel through the land of Oz at 60 mph, and we've listened."

Starting Friday, February 9th, guests will be able to experience a revamped version of the classic Great Movie Ride. To suit the changes, the attraction will be renamed The Great Movie Ride--Backwards and Full Throttle.

While the ride will continue much as it has for years--with the exciting addition that the cars have now been converted to travel backwards--once with Wicked Witch of the West disappears, Stephen Tyler joins the Red Hot Chili Peppers as he screams, "everyone ready for some poppies?! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" What follows is an incredible high-speed journey on the wings of the film's venerable flying monkeys featuring five inversions to the driving beat of "Californication" and "Love in an Elevator."

"We are really excited to finally bring this dream of our guests to fruition," Weiss continued. "We are also proud to announce that The Great Movie Ride--Backwards and Full Throttle will feature a new project right from Walt Disney Imagineering. We call it the Hidden Stitch program, and new attractions from this point forward will feature well-hidden images of everyone's favorite alien."

The Disney-MGM Studios is one of four theme parks at the Walt Disney World Resort. Guests are able to experience the entertainment industry in ways they never dreamed of with such incredible attractions as The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and the new Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, which opened in recent months. Further new magic is on the way to the park from Walt Disney Imagineering as Toy Story Mania crash lands at the park in 2008.

schro513

According to another fan site:

"The Great Move Ride will be closed to the public February 2, 5, & 8 from 6 to 7pm only. The attraction will be open from 9am through 6pm on those days and close llikely for a special event."

Hopefully this will be true!

-SIR-

they have special events in there all the time... there will just be some people having dinner amid the different scenes... thats all. I even heard you can have your wedding reception in there if you want.

TheDisneyGirl02

You can have your wedding reception or special event at GMR. That seems like the most obvious reason (though I have to admit I like the GMR Full Throttle idea!)...at least to me. :)

prberk

Does this mean that you could be eating dinner with the wicked witch... until you get picked up by a flying monkey and shot off at 60 mph in two seconds?! :lookaroun :)

Paul

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom