Glowing Walkways of Pandora fading away?

Sped2424

Original Poster
And that in some places the paint is completely dull or gone? We aren't even a year out and this effect is nearly half of what it used to be imo but before I get flamed with "proof" photos here is a picture from the log bench area (which is where I found the brightest floor before in june when I visited).
tumblr_owrqspr7t21rb3d4bo1_500.png

June ^
Same area today
tumblr_owrqazn6ps1rb3d4bo1_540.jpg

Idk if Irma had a huge effect and maybe stripped some of the paint of the floors or if WDI didn't account for constant foot traffic dulling the feature. But the entire land's "glowing area's" look about this dry/underwhelming now whereas before they seriously stunned.

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-24_1-11-22.png
    upload_2017-9-24_1-11-22.png
    274.4 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

TP2000

Doesn't Disney hose down walkways every night and steam clean things every week or two? That routine maintenance coupled with thousands of people walking on it every day has likely dulled it.

And no, WDI never takes into account this type of thing with any project they build. It's like the Imagineers have no idea how a theme park works and how it operates daily. But in their little secret Imagineering labs and comfy conference rooms, this glowing ground idea sounded great and received full funding from the out of touch WDI executives like Joe Rohde who was too busy planning his next trip to the Bali Four Seasons for "research". :rolleyes:

No Name

It's been happening since the land opened. Hopefully they'll replace the missing amount and come up with a solution. If not, this'll be the first thing to break in Pandora and not be fixed!

Also, this is an engineering issue, not a design issue. If the engineering team tells you that it won't wear off quickly, then as a design person with far less knowledge in the area, you assume that it won't wear off quickly. If it does wear off, that's the engineers' fault, not yours. Same for drums, yetis, and unmanned floats.

lazyboy97o

Also, this is an engineering issue, not a design issue. If the engineering team tells you that it won't wear off quickly, then as a design person with far less knowledge in the area, you assume that it won't wear off quickly. If it does wear off, that's the engineers' fault, not yours. Same for drums, yetis, and unmanned floats.
Designers are responsible for finishes.

raymusiccity

It's been happening since the land opened. Hopefully they'll replace the missing amount and come up with a solution. If not, this'll be the first thing to break in Pandora and not be fixed!

What's the reference about 'drums' ?

Prototype82

At least with the drums they gradually repair them. But it keeps happening. They're going to need to come up with a better material.

Prototype82

Just a thought- I think if some of the new overhead lighting had blue bulbs instead of white, it might help keep from washing out the black light. 5 years from now when they decide to repaint the bioluminescent sidewalks, I'd bet some new kind of sealant would be used. I'm impressed that they period bother to fix the drum surfaces. Who knows. They might address this sooner.

RyanWDW

In the Parks
Yes
I've now visited pandora 15 times since it opened and I have noticed that the "glowing feature" doesn't stand out as much as it used to, but what has actually been happening is that more area lights have been added, or their brightness has gone up. When the area first opened, it was almost difficult to navigate around people (in a good way) because most of the light was coming from the ground or white clothing, as there were more black lights than normal lights. I am sure that the difficult cleaning regimen that WDW uses has contributed to the loss of brightness, but I believe it is mostly because of excess light spill to allow guests to see the floor and make their way through the environment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom