Girls, Hairstyles?

Klorhy

Original Poster
So, I don't know where to put this post so I thought this would be best.

So my trip is in just under 6 weeks away and it's the first time going away with long hair, and it's also considerably thicker than it's ever been.. so not sure what I'm going to do with it away (and no, I'm not going to cut it :p)

I'm not really the sort of person to wear my hair up, or actually do anything with it.. What does everyone usually do with their hair at the parks? :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
With the humidity down there, it's tough to have any hairdo at all. I gave up with mine; I just wear a baseball-style cap (also to keep some of the sun off my head) which helps to "hide" the frizzies! I saw a number of women in ponytails. Since there's not much you can do about the weather and a hairstyle, just forget about it, and focus your attention on having a fun vacation instead! :)

mouse_luv

I pull mine up usually into a ponytail or a messy bun. I don't have time to be dealing with my long hair on my neck in the FL weather.

Sweet Melissa

Even if I do tempt fate and try to wear my hair down, I can't leave my room without at least three hair elastics. I'm a complete disaster if I can't pull my hair off my neck when I get hot. My go to is a sock bun or some kind of topknot.

RubyLee

I have super long, thick hair that I rarely wear up (even during scorching Southern summers) but at WDW I do occasionally give in and braid or throw up in a bun. I always feel incognito when I do it though-like I'm in disguise because my hair is up! I also try half up styles to keep hair out of my face but still have it "down" like normal.

cw1982

My hair is super thick, so when I let it grow out as long as yours, I like to wear it braided for things like a day at WDW. Feminine, keeps it off my neck, but still looks a little better put together than a ponytail.

Klorhy

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies! Yeah my hairs half way down my back now, I'm gonna get it trimmed down in a week or so, so hopefully it'll be a bit more manageable - but definitely not getting anything cut off my fringe and I'll grow that out for the last minute and try find some nice hairbands and grips to pull it away from my face. I don't want it completely pulled away from my face/tied back as I still want to look like me in photos!

I keep finding lovely braided hair-do's but I'm so rubbish with it! Wonder if it's too much, at 21, to ask my mum to do my hair? :hilarious:

cw1982

Thanks for your replies! Yeah my hairs half way down my back now, I'm gonna get it trimmed down in a week or so, so hopefully it'll be a bit more manageable - but definitely not getting anything cut off my fringe and I'll grow that out for the last minute and try find some nice hairbands and grips to pull it away from my face. I don't want it completely pulled away from my face/tied back as I still want to look like me in photos!

I keep finding lovely braided hair-do's but I'm so rubbish with it! Wonder if it's too much, at 21, to ask my mum to do my hair? :hilarious:

If she's anything like my mom, she would be thrilled with such a request lol.

RubyLee

My hair is super thick, so when I let it grow out as long as yours, I like to wear it braided for things like a day at WDW. Feminine, keeps it off my neck, but still looks a little better put together than a ponytail.
Ever since I saw Frozen, I've done braids more often. However, I can't get mine quite as thick/textured which is a new experience for me....obtaining hair with "body" has never been a problem! :)

Klorhy

Original Poster
If she's anything like my mom, she would be thrilled with such a request lol.

I mentioned it to her yesterday and she just laughed at me a lot, then realised I was serious and I got a "Suppose so" (Thats a yes, right? :p)

Ever since I saw Frozen, I've done braids more often. However, I can't get mine quite as thick/textured which is a new experience for me....obtaining hair with "body" has never been a problem! :)

I can never get braids thick either :( I attempted a french braid like a headband yesterday but ended up looking in the mirror half way through and that completely mucked me up. 5 weeks to perfect it, I will!

RubyLee

I mentioned it to her yesterday and she just laughed at me a lot, then realised I was serious and I got a "Suppose so" (Thats a yes, right? :p)

I can never get braids thick either :( I attempted a french braid like a headband yesterday but ended up looking in the mirror half way through and that completely mucked me up. 5 weeks to perfect it, I will!
You'll have to do a tutorial video to show the internet when you prefect it!

I can get the "messy" part with a loose braid but can't master the textured part. I just look like I rolled out the door with slept in hair. :)

Klorhy

Original Poster
You'll have to do a tutorial video to show the internet when you prefect it!

I can get the "messy" part with a loose braid but can't master the textured part. I just look like I rolled out the door with slept in hair. :)

In order to get it anywhere near right, I was lying on the floor on my side so the video could look a bit weird haha, could not do it sat up due to the angle of braiding, strange but it seemed to work!

Oh yeah, I get you there - anything 'messy' with my hair, I can do that :p doesn't mean I can get the 'nice messy' effect others can though. :(

MOXOMUMD

My hair is down to my waistline. I usually put in a ponytail then double bun it or I put it in two piggytail braids and then put those together in a scrunchie.

NiarrNDisney

Try a dry shampoo or a salt water/beach texturizing spray! Spray it thoroughly in your hair after you have showered let it sit for a few minutes and then use a diffuser (a tool that attaches to a blow dryer) and you will get a touseled, low maintenance care free look that will hold up in Florida's humidity (just hit it with a anti humidity hairspray for a stronger hold)

My favorites are Texturizing sprays:

Aquage - Sea salt texturizing spray
Bumble and Bumble - Surf Spray
Beyond the Zone (Sally's) - Beachhead

My favorite Anti Humidity Hairsprays:

Beyond the Zone (Sally's) - Smooth Criminal
Big Sexy Hair - Spray and Play Harder
TRESemme -Climate protection finishing spray

Sans Souci

Try a dry shampoo or a salt water/beach texturizing spray! Spray it thoroughly in your hair after you have showered let it sit for a few minutes and then use a diffuser (a tool that attaches to a blow dryer) and you will get a touseled, low maintenance care free look that will hold up in Florida's humidity (just hit it with a anti humidity hairspray for a stronger hold)

Wow, thanks for the tips! Are you a hair stylist by profession?

NiarrNDisney

Wow, thanks for the tips! Are you a hair stylist by profession?

No I am a professional Esthetician/Makeup Artist but have worked in salons as well as have been educated and trained with product lines so that I knew the ins, outs and uses of the brands whole collections that way clients could be informed properly on what to purchase by all of the staff not just their particular stylists.

The Empress Lilly

That is EXACTLY what I was going to post!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom