Girl Says Disney Crew Member Exposed Himself

MickeyTigg

Original Poster
Girl Says Disney Crew Member Exposed Himself

WESH2News

October 7, 2005

Authorities are investigating accusations of indecent exposure on one of Central Florida's most popular cruise ships. A girl on the Disney cruise ship Wonder said a crew member exposed himself to her during the cruise.

The girl identified one of the crewmembers on the ship as the person responsible for the incident. Families boarding the ship for the next cruise were surprised to hear it, WESH 2 News reported.

Passengers boarding the Disney Wonder did so with the realization that the real world sometimes intrudes even in the happiest place on Earth. One man cruising with his children said his natural inclination might be to let down his guard a little on a Disney cruise.

"No doubt, I always keep track of my children. I think that's the responsibility of any parent," said passenger Wesley as he boarded the ship.

Authorities are releasing little information about what happened aboard the Wonder. It has been officially confirmed that a girl under the age of 18 said a member of the ship's crew exposed himself to her while the ship was in port in the Bahamas this week.

Since the alleged crime occurred while the ship was docked in another country, it is under investigation there. U.S. law enforcement agencies, including the Brevard County Sheriff's Office, are assisting with the investigation.

Passenger Chris Bravo was taking his children aboard Thursday.

"We would keep a pretty close eye on our children anyway. This is just another reminder of why it's important to do so," said Bravo.

"The crew needs to take steps, any steps possible, to make sure that the guests on this trip, or any other trip, are taken care of," said Wesley.

Families said whatever happened is not enough to spoil their plans for a good time.

"I'm sure that we'll have a good time, and I'm sure that the Disney staff will be that much more attentive because of the allegations. So from that perspective, it's probably the safest cruise to go on today," said Bravo.

A Disney spokeswoman said the crewmember was kept separate from the passengers for the remainder of the cruise. The crewmember has now been suspended and will not be on the ship for the next voyage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom