Girl faints in line at IOA. How is this usually dealt with?

Welsh Tink

Original Poster
At IOA last week, I was stood by the queue for Ollivander's Wand Store, waiting for my husband and son, who had gone to ride.The queue was quite busy, and it was a hot, humid day.As I was talking to a lady waiting beside me, we noticed that a girl in the queue, around 13-14, had fainted.

She was laid out, still in the queue, a staff member arrived fairly soon, but then the poor girl and her parents were then walked over while people carried on going into the store. The lady with me went over to help as there was no sign of the paramedics.

I was suprised that they couldn't have altered the line in some way ( it was just chains - no barriers) to give the family some space while waiting for the paramedics. I was also suprised at how long it took for them to appear.
Does Universal have it's own paramedics? or are they from the local area?

I understand that they wanted to keep the line moving, but the way that eveyone in line just kept walking over her, seemed to me, callous. Is it so important to get into the show that you would walk over someone who is ill? The way the family were treated, until the medical staff got to her, left me feeling upset all day. I am interested to know if keeping someone ill in line is the usual thing to do.

Matpez

My only similar experience happened at Living with the Land. A woman tripped while in the queue, fell and hurt herself pretty bad. The CMs called for help, but in the meantime the other guests just kind of walked right around her laying there in pain to get onto the attraction.

Honestly, when you are unsure of how someone is injured it is wise to let them be if there isn't an immediate need to move them.

Also, both WDW & Uni have internal medical responders that are almost always at the site of an accident within two minutes or less of being called.

invader

I don't know about the whole while in line thing but....

A medic will be called and a white van / club cart looking thing will come and pick the person up. They would then be taken to the clinic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom