GIFT CARDS

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You can't.
Its not a thing.
You can combine several so that you only have to carry one card if you'd like.

matt9112

Not only this but i always wondered why i cant attach a cc permanently. Unless there system is a sieve and its a security concern. Convenience would be great.

Rob562

If you have a CC linked/saved to MDE then it should be on there... mine and my sisters are always on ours when we go.

The card saved on your MDE profile is only used for a few things: credit card guarantee for dining reservations (and I presume paying for dinner shows), mobile food orders, and any ticket purchases made through the app. You're not directly able to charge things to it while in the parks.

If you use the tap-to-pay feature of the MagicBands, it's not charging your card directly because it's in the app. It's charging the purchase to your room charge associated with your hotel reservation. When you set up the charge account you can tell it to use the saved card number, which copies the card info over to your hotel account, but it's still processing that charge through the hotel system, not directly through the card on your profile.

-Rob

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The card saved on your MDE profile is only used for a few things: credit card guarantee for dining reservations (and I presume paying for dinner shows), mobile food orders, and any ticket purchases made through the app. You're not directly able to charge things to it while in the parks.

If you use the tap-to-pay feature of the MagicBands, it's not charging your card directly because it's in the app. It's charging the purchase to your room charge associated with your hotel reservation. When you set up the charge account you can tell it to use the saved card number, which copies the card info over to your hotel account, but it's still processing that charge through the hotel system, not directly through the card on your profile.

-Rob
I realize it's not DIRECTLY but if you do not go pay it at the front desk it will be charged to your linked CC upon check out so I'm not seeing the problem. Eventually it does get put on the CC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom