Gift Cards from Target

Matt_Black

We're discussing a family trip to Disney, and I mentioned the trick of using the Target Card to get 5% off of Disney Gift Cards (stretch that vacation dollar, as it were). It then occurred to me that they may have decided to close this particular loophole, so I decided to see if anyone knows if this still works.

I am Timmy

Even if you buy e gift cards from Target, if you have a couple physical cards you can combine the e cards onto the physical cards on the Disney gift card website. I always bring a couple physical cards with me on trips to give to my kids for their souvenirs and such. E cards can be used to pay off trips or dessert parties,etc.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

New to gift cards, was given by Disney gift cards when we stayed at CBR for construction inconvenience cards worked out well Just checked target website $100 Disney gift card using target red card save 5%=$5 checked Sam's Club $150 Disney gift cards 142.99 save $7 Slightly better savings on quantity of gift cards from Target. Is there any advantage to e-cards over the in hand physical cards? How does the e card work? Is it easy to convert small denominations of gift cards into large sums? Have a trip planned in May 2019 currently have enough saved in cash to cover resort and park tickets--- looking save a few bucks -----maybe cover parking fee

Upvote 0

Legendary

New to gift cards, was given by Disney gift cards when we stayed at CBR for construction inconvenience cards worked out well Just checked target website $100 Disney gift card using target red card save 5%=$5 checked Sam's Club $150 Disney gift cards 142.99 save $7 Slightly better savings on quantity of gift cards from Target. Is there any advantage to e-cards over the in hand physical cards? How does the e card work? Is it easy to convert small denominations of gift cards into large sums? Have a trip planned in May 2019 currently have enough saved in cash to cover resort and park tickets--- looking save a few bucks -----maybe cover parking fee
Yes, you can combine smaller gift card amounts into 1 card up to $1000. If you have a plastic card you can combine your e cards onto that if you prefer. I would combine the e cards and then pay my resort balance before my trip and then bring along a plastic card for additional purchases during my trip. Over the years we have saved hundreds by buying gift cards! Totally worth the extra effort.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Here’s the website to consolidate cards:
https://disneygiftcard.com

IIRC you can only have 5 cards on your account at a time, but they can have up to $1000 on each.

I highly recommend people put their cards on their account. If you lose your gift card the money isn’t gone as you can just transfer the balance to a different card.

Also, our local target does seem to still have physical gift cards, but they may just be selling down the stock on hand.

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
Here’s the website to consolidate cards:
https://disneygiftcard.com

IIRC you can only have 5 cards on your account at a time, but they can have up to $1000 on each.

I highly recommend people put their cards on their account. If you lose your gift card the money isn’t gone as you can just transfer the balance to a different card.

Also, our local target does seem to still have physical gift cards, but they may just be selling down the stock on hand.

This is super useful to know and something I hadn't realised. We've got 4 cards at the moment that we've been bought as birthday gifts so consolidating them is definitely something we'll look at doing!

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

I have been getting my gift cards at BJ's, although now they make you pay a $10 membership fee to buy things online. I can save 4% now (used to be more) on the $100 cards - but with the cash back I earn on the credit card I use it becomes more. That is another option, I guess I'll continue with that until BJ's gets to be less of a deal. Then it'll be only Target!

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

Here is what I do when purchasing e-cards. I go to the Disney Store website (we dont have a physical store here anymore) and pick out the design I like. I then move the e-card balance over to the physical card. Super easy to do.

I have a super long and complicated way that I purchase gift cards that I have found to save me the most. I will use my Disney Visa to purchase gift cards from Sam club online. Not only to I get the ~5% discount, but I also earn my rewards from the card. After the purchase goes through I pay the Disney card off. No interest and double savings. If I have another credit card that has a promotional offer for cash back, then I will use that to save the 5% + 5% cash back. Just depends. I usually like using the Disney card though because although the rewards aren't as great, I like being able to use my rewards redemption card for Disney purchases.

Upvote 0

threvester

Here is what I do when purchasing e-cards. I go to the Disney Store website (we dont have a physical store here anymore) and pick out the design I like. I then move the e-card balance over to the physical card. Super easy to do.

I have a super long and complicated way that I purchase gift cards that I have found to save me the most. I will use my Disney Visa to purchase gift cards from Sam club online. Not only to I get the ~5% discount, but I also earn my rewards from the card. After the purchase goes through I pay the Disney card off. No interest and double savings. If I have another credit card that has a promotional offer for cash back, then I will use that to save the 5% + 5% cash back. Just depends. I usually like using the Disney card though because although the rewards aren't as great, I like being able to use my rewards redemption card for Disney purchases.
Sams does not offer 5%. If you buy from Sams using the 1% Disney visa it is still slightly less than the Target deal. However if you use the 2% visa it works out to @5.9% savings.

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

Sams does not offer 5%. If you buy from Sams using the 1% Disney visa it is still slightly less than the Target deal. However if you use the 2% visa it works out to @5.9% savings.

Sorry you are correct. Sams gives you about 3%. I can get a $500 gift card for $485. I do have the premier visa, so I get 2% back, so about $10 of Disney rewards. This breaks down to spending about $2,910 on a $3K vacation using gift cards, and getting almost $60 in rewards in my redemption card. I look at that as $150 savings that I can spend on food :hungry::hungry:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom