Gift Cards and MagicBands?

darthspielberg

Original Poster
so, my trip is in six days, and my school gives me my "food plan" on gift cards to a local supermarket. I traded in 100 dollars of that for some Disney gift cards so I have some spending money in the parks that isn't directly from my wallet.

can those be linked to the MagicBand and used as payment for things, or will I just have to keep them in my wallet. It's not really a huge deal, but it would be cool if I could just link them when I need them.

Rob562

I know that gift cards can be used in place of a credit card for setting up a hotel charge account, but it has to be done at the front desk. Since the Band refers to the hotel charging account, it would be able to then use the funds on the card.

Alternatively, you can set up the charge account with a credit or debit card, and then after you've spent the amount that the gift cards are for you can visit the front desk and apply the gift cards toward your room charge account. (Just make sure to do that by the night before checkout)

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
I know that gift cards can be used in place of a credit card for setting up a hotel charge account, but it has to be done at the front desk. Since the Band refers to the hotel charging account, it would be able to then use the funds on the card.

Alternatively, you can set up the charge account with a credit or debit card, and then after you've spent the amount that the gift cards are for you can visit the front desk and apply the gift cards toward your room charge account. (Just make sure to do that by the night before checkout)

-Rob

I highly recommend the alternate method in the second paragraph. That way you only have to mess with putting your credit card on the room one time, while being able to stop at the front desk at your convenience to pay down the balance with the gift cards. You don't have to time it so carefully, or spend more time changing the cards on the room. We've done it and it works well.

But like Rob says, do it before the last full day of the trip, so that the computers don't reconcile and charge your card. They also auto-charge when it hits a certain level ($1000 I think), regardless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom