Gift cards and magic bands

Tom

Beta Return
Can you load gift cards on to your magic bands?

Credit Cards and Gift Cards aren't actually linked to Magic Bands. They're linked to a Disney Resort hotel reservation, which is then linked - through your My Disney Experience account - to your various Magic Bands.

If you'd like to use a Gift Card to pay for room charges during your trip, you'll discuss it at check-in.

Takeitforgranite

I was wondering the same thing. We are going in May, and I will probably end up with over a dozen gift and reward cards of different values to have to deal with. I like to use them to pay for food, so we actually don't spend much out of pocket on the trip, but I've usualy only had 3 or 4 to deal with in the past. Seems like it would be easy to load them onto the bands and not have to worry about cards.

Tom

Beta Return
Just pay with your band and go to the concierge before check-out to pay off the balance with the giftcards.

I don't think you can grant charging privileges to a band without a credit card (or gift card) being placed on the room when you check-in.

NYwdwfan

I don't think you can grant charging privileges to a band without a credit card (or gift card) being placed on the room when you check-in.

I agree - but if you pay off the balance with giftcards before you check out the charge will never go through.

Tom

Beta Return
I agree - but if you pay off the balance with giftcards before you check out the charge will never go through.

Correct. Or, if you charge a significant amount to the room, they may run an intermediate charge once it hits a certain limit. So it would be important to check with the front desk often, and make payments once the charges pass a gift card amount.

NYwdwfan

Correct. Or, if you charge a significant amount to the room, they may run an intermediate charge once it hits a certain limit. So it would be important to check with the front desk often, and make payments once the charges pass a gift card amount.

What he said! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom