Gideon's Bakehouse - Top strategies to get a cookie?

JTT

We will be in Disney, the 2nd week of September. What is the best way to get in Gideon's Bakehouse and get a cookie?

I want to try a Gideon's cookie but I don't want to wait for hours. ;)

Last edited:

Worldlover71

Gideon's offers a virtual queue when the line gets long (which it almost always is!) You go to the shop and a cast member outside will have a QR code to join.

Gideon's and Starbucks opens before the rest of Disney Springs between 9am and 10am. There are no buses from Disney resorts that early, so the only way to get there is to drive and park in the garage as soon as it opens, between 8:30 and 9 if I recall correctly. If you get there that early, Gideon's will only have a short line.

Alternately, if you have a car, you can go to Gideon's main location at

EAST END MARKET​

3201 Corrine Dr
Orlando, Fl 32803​

They rarely have much of a line!

Upvote 0

JTT

Original Poster
Gideon's offers a virtual queue when the line gets long (which it almost always is!) You go to the shop and a cast member outside will have a QR code to join.

Gideon's and Starbucks opens before the rest of Disney Springs between 9am and 10am. There are no buses from Disney resorts that early, so the only way to get there is to drive and park in the garage as soon as it opens, between 8:30 and 9 if I recall correctly. If you get there that early, Gideon's will only have a short line.

Alternately, if you have a car, you can go to Gideon's main location at

EAST END MARKET​

3201 Corrine Dr​

Orlando, Fl 32803​

They rarely have much of a line!
Thanks! I guess that I am just resigned that I will never get a Gideon's cookie. I'm not going to wait an hour or drive an hour (there and back) just to get a cookie.

I'm sure they are great. I'll just get an extra dole whip or rice cream.

Upvote 0

lazyboy97o

Thanks! I guess that I am just resigned that I will never get a Gideon's cookie. I'm not going to wait an hour or drive an hour (there and back) just to get a cookie.

I'm sure they are great. I'll just get an extra dole whip or rice cream.
You could do something nearby besides just get a cookie like visit Leu Gardens.

Upvote 0

bwr827

Not worth your time unless you catch a very short line. There’s no special magic to these cookies.

The store is cool and creepy if you get a chance to see it.

The cookies look impressive and enticing, but taste meh at best. We bought three, tried a bit of each kind and threw 90% in the trash.

I can’t explain it — maybe it’s people who’ve never had a great homemade cookie?

Upvote 0

LeighM

Luckily I've never had a long wait. The first time I was there was a Wednesday, I think, and we stopped by to check the wait times and it was only 10 minutes around 11:30AM. The second time was also in the middle of the week. The first time we walked by the wait was 45 minutes and I was like nope, we'll come back later after lunch. The next time we walked by around 2ish, the wait was down to 15-20 minutes.

Not worth your time unless you catch a very short line. There’s no special magic to these cookies.

The cookies look impressive and enticing, but taste meh at best. We bought three, tried a bit of each kind and threw 90% in the trash.

I can’t explain it — maybe it’s people who’ve never had a great homemade cookie?

Their cake slices are much better than the cookies!

Upvote 0

Dinardo

Agreed! I think it is a stretch to call these “cookies”. If you have to put cookies (Oreos) on/in your “cookies”, is it even a cookie after all?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom