Giant Ferris Wheel coming to Orlando!

SoFlaDisneyFan

Original Poster
I have some (what I believe is exclusive news) on an upcoming Orlando-area project. This is not Disney related, but interesting nonetheless! :)

The company responsible for the The London Eye, the giant Ferris wheel in London, England, is coming to Orlando, Florida! The construction and placement of the wheel, which will take 10+ months to complete, will take place next to SeaWorld (but is not associated with the theme park) on Westwood Blvd. The cars of the wheel can hold up to 40 people each, so one can assume the gigantic proportions of this monster.

Construction is scheduled to begin Spring 2009.

Mr.EPCOT

How very interesting. Will it just be the giant Ferris wheel, or will it be part of some shopping/dining area or something?

hpyhnt 1000

Really? A great big gigantic ferris wheel is coming to Orlando? How interesting! I bet the view from the top will be great! :)

BlackPearl

uh...thats a stupid idea for a company to build a giant ferris wheel for what? Just to see some trees and hotels? Only good thing would to see the theme parks.

ROTM

I couldn't believe some of the post on the topix forum from the sentinel. :eek:

I never knew that people that post on the topix board are that ignorant. :shrug:

Wake up people! You should be happy someone is willing to invest $200 million on a ferris wheel the way the economy is right now ! :brick:

J. Worthington

Not to sound like an idiot....but has this company ever actually completed a ferris wheel in the US? I know there have been press releases for at least two giant wheels in Las Vegas, one in the Niagara Falls area and one in California somewhere, but they never actually come to fruition.

I know the Las Vegas one has been announced and canceled so many times it has become a joke....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Not to sound like an idiot....but has this company ever actually completed a ferris wheel in the US? I know there have been press releases for at least two giant wheels in Las Vegas, one in the Niagara Falls area and one in California somewhere, but they never actually come to fruition.

I know the Las Vegas one has been announced and canceled so many times it has become a joke....

I believe the one they built in Singapore is open. At least from what I can gather from their website. :shrug:

ROTM

I am pretty sure that all the Las Vegas ones are rumors. This one is legit.

Check out the site: http://www.greatwheel.com/orlando/home_english.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom