Getting in and out of the parks

Mcgold76

Original Poster
I am currently organizing my families Disney world vacation at the end of the month. Will be 12 of us ranging in age from 2 to 68. My sister broke her ankle this week so she will be in an ecv or wheel chair. We are staying offsite about 20 minutes away at champions gate.
What I am trying to figure out is whether it is reasonable to leave the parks and return to the parks in the evening. We have little kids who do better with naps. My sister who might need a park break. Also we can swim and take a break from the heat. If we were to say leave the parks around 3 and return after dinner would it be worth it? Or is the hassle of leaving then reentering the parks be such a hassle that 4 hour break from the park will be spent trying to get in and out of the parks?

Ty

BrianV

Depends. We stayed offsite when the kids we little and found the hassle of coming and going a lot to handle. Most days we instead stretched the kids a little later and came back for a swim, a nice evening meal, and a quiet evening. (We were staying with friends so evenings were enjoyable to catch up with them!)

We have stayed onsite ever since, and at as close a location if we can. That and with the kids older, we always take a midday break these days.

How about a late lunch say 1:30 or 2:00 to recharge everyone and then a few more hours at the park and then call it a day?

Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different opinions. No matter what, have fun!!

BrianV

Alternatively, some could go back in in the evening and you could switch off. Broken ankles and little kids passing on the return visit.

sjv

Mk is the park you really have to worry about, it will take you a good hour just to get back to your hotel and another to get back in. I have done it a couple of times and by the time my kids get settled down it's time to go back ,so now we try to do 2 days of Mk one morning till late afternoon and one afternoon/evening and if we only have 1 day we take a late lunch around 2 and then do a show ,it gives us about 2 hrs of a break from all the walking and the heat . good luck and have fun!

CAPTAIN HOOK

We are staying offsite about 20 minutes away
This is your issue - 20 minutes may be to the edge of Disney property, but certainly not to the turnstiles of MK (or anywhere else).
By the time you've exited the park, got the tram or monorail or whatever to the parking lot, loaded everyone and driven back to your villa It'll be closer to the hour than you'd want to believe. Then there's another hour (almost) to leave the villa and get back into the park.

If you have to do it (for the sake of the kids and a broken ankle) then you have to do it BUT it's not something I'd choose to do. It's going to take a large chunk out of your day

Mcgold76

Original Poster
This is your issue - 20 minutes may be to the edge of Disney property, but certainly not to the turnstiles of MK (or anywhere else).
By the time you've exited the park, got the tram or monorail or whatever to the parking lot, loaded everyone and driven back to your villa It'll be closer to the hour than you'd want to believe. Then there's another hour (almost) to leave the villa and get back into the park.

If you have to do it (for the sake of the kids and a broken ankle) then you have to do it BUT it's not something I'd choose to do. It's going to take a large chunk out of your day

Mcgold76

Original Poster
fortunatelty we have two cars so the little kids and my sister can leave earlier and the older kids can make it for the fireworks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom