Getting Annual Pass from UK.

travelling_techie

Original Poster
Evening all.

I am after some advice please on the best way to get an Annual Pass for Disneyland Paris. I live in the UK, and intend to visit within the next 5 weeks so there isn't really time for a postal application. I am surprised the forms can't be completed on the web and temporary pass emailed to speed up processing.

I understand the passes have to be obtained from an office *inside* the park, but if you pay to get in they deduct the entry fee when buying the pass. I have also read that you can pay at the ticket office outside for a voucher that must be exchanged inside *on the same day* . The office closes at 6pm.

I am after the Magic Plus for the early park entry, so I guess my question really is, do the ticket offices outside the park open early enough to pay for a pass and still get into the park early, and then exchange for a proper pass once the office inside opens? Or is the "On the same day" rule relaxed if you get a voucher after 6pm when the main office has closed?

Or is the only option really to ensure getting to the park by 5pm the evening before to get in and get pass for use the next morning?

Grateful for any advice

Cheers
TT

ODF4eva

Hi!

Just call the number on the Disneyland Paris website.

You can buy an annual pass over the phone and from my experience their exchange rate is very good.

You pay in pounds sterling over the phone with the cast member who then ships you an invoice and 2 paper tickets which you use any day you enter the parks. The invoice they send with you will state you have a Magic Plus should you should be good to enter the park for EMH.
The paper tickets you receive they say are to be swapped on the same day.
The paper tickets take a couple of weeks to reach you.

Is this helpful?

cjkeating

Hi!

Just call the number on the Disneyland Paris website.

You can buy an annual pass over the phone and from my experience their exchange rate is very good.

You pay in pounds sterling over the phone with the cast member who then ships you an invoice and 2 paper tickets which you use any day you enter the parks. The invoice they send with you will state you have a Magic Plus should you should be good to enter the park for EMH.
The paper tickets you receive they say are to be swapped on the same day.
The paper tickets take a couple of weeks to reach you.

Is this helpful?

Do you know what dates the APs start? Is it the date when they are purchased or the day they are converted in the park?

ODF4eva

Do you know what dates the APs start? Is it the date when they are purchased or the day they are converted in the park?

It's the day they are converted at the park. When you buy the 'paper' annual pass over the phone, I believe that have an expiry date from purchase (6 months I think).

StarGirl

Does it cost more to pay for annual passes monthly by direct debit?
It costs the same I think but we tried to do this and had issues as requires. SEPA debit rather than direct debit. Two of our banks wouldn't do it and the other was going to charge for each transaction. Ended up calling them and paying over the phone.

travelling_techie

Original Poster
Thanks ODF4ever. It was relatively painless over the phone. Though why you can't submit details over the 'net I don't know!

For anyone else following this, the number on the annual pass section of the website is a French number, but there is also a UK 0844 number listed elsewhere on the website, and from www.saynoto0870.com I gleaned an 03 number - 0330 123 1644 - this number is charged just like any UK geographic number so very much cheaper than calling France direct! The pass was charged in pounds at pretty much the spot exchange rate, plus 5 pounds for postage! Still the document should arrive in 2-3 weeks so in good time for my trip.

travelling_techie

Original Poster
Evening all. I have a follow up question to this.

The temporary tickets did arrive quite quickly, and my trip is coming up next week. Now I know when you exchange the temporary ticket for the real macoy, they take a photo for the card, but you also need proof of ID to show you are the one who purchased it.

Now obviously I will have my passport available, but I wondered if for the purposes of issuing the pass whether a UK driving licence would be sufficient, as I don't really want to carry passport round the park all day; would rather leave it in the hotel safe!

Cheers
TT

ODF4eva

Evening all. I have a follow up question to this.

The temporary tickets did arrive quite quickly, and my trip is coming up next week. Now I know when you exchange the temporary ticket for the real macoy, they take a photo for the card, but you also need proof of ID to show you are the one who purchased it.

Now obviously I will have my passport available, but I wondered if for the purposes of issuing the pass whether a UK driving licence would be sufficient, as I don't really want to carry passport round the park all day; would rather leave it in the hotel safe!

Cheers
TT
I am sure they'll accept the UK driving license as it's accepted as suitable government ID across the EU.
That being said, I used my passport.

Indy_UK

A further update:

We did a trip to DLP on Monday for two nights.

We went to the studios annual pass booth and waited. Our plan was to pay monthly if possible as I couldn't stomach paying outright.

We got chatting to another lovely UK couple who were renewing theirs. They offered to sponsor us. So even if we couldn't pay monthly, we could get 10% off.

I asked for 2 magic flex passes. Showed my IBAN number and signed some paperwork. Then handed two Magic Flex passes for €32 a month with only a €110 down payment.

It was super easy and the woman had no concerns about the bank.

Apparently, if the bank doesn't work when they try to make the payments, they'll contact you via email to offer you other ways to pay including just doing an online payment once a month.

So thrilled. The 10% discount came into use straight away.

Indy_UK

Right my annual pass runs out next month. Are DLP meant to contact me about renewing or does it just end. I don’t to continue my pass and don’t want them to continue making payments

ive tried emailing countless times and they’re useless. I’ve had issues with them saying my pass was cancelled months ago because a banking error but then started taking money again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom