getting a cuppa tea

Kam

Okay going to Coronado Springs, I see they have Coffee makers in the room.

But I'd like to know how I can get my morning cup of tea, do they have tea or a kettle anywhere.

KnK

In our room at the WL they had a coffee pot as well. There were a coupld of tea bags with our coffee. I just brewed the water without the coffee and then placed my tea bags in the water.

I also had brought my own loose tea from home.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

They have a snack bar? You can get tea at the snack bars and restaurants throughout the World. Also, you can use the coffee makers to make hot tea if you bring your own bags/loose tea. We had a microwave in our room at the Boardwalk and I usually just nuke up a cup of water and a tea bag that way. :wave:

PS if you buy the refillable mugs you can get all the hot tea you want for free, but you may need to ask for the bag at the cashier (but its free).

Upvote 0

cmatt

tigsmom said:
We had a microwave in our room at the Boardwalk and I usually just nuke up a cup of water and a tea bag that way. :wave:

TEA?!! MICROWAVE?!!! thats shere lunacy :lol:

im a student (ok and english) and even i boil the water, put in the tea bag and let it stew in the cup!
(btw im only messing! :p )

Upvote 0

Slosh

the coffee maker might leave a coffee scent to the water, but it might not be too strong. You might even be able to request a new coffee machine at the front desk.
The best thing you can do in Orlando is use bottled water for your tea (or coffee for that matter). It can get a little bit expensive, but the tap is just so heavily chlorinated-- well I'll just say it ruins my day. Funny though, I never have any problem drinking the tap water alone.

Upvote 0

RedBaron

I never think tea tastes the same when you use the coffee maker pot in the room. I dont think the coffee taste/smell ever really gets out of the pot. I have never stayed at Coronado but assuming there is a food court there I recommend just getting your tea from there. I always love going to the food court after getting back from the parks and getting a nice cup of tea to relax with before bed. :snore:

Upvote 0

tink rules

Now if you really want a whole tea service... go to the Garden View Lounge at the Grand Floridian and do the Grand Tea....

Of course coming from England, you probably have great places to go for tea there....

Upvote 0

tigsmom

cmatt said:
TEA?!! MICROWAVE?!!! thats shere lunacy :lol:

im a student (ok and english) and even i boil the water, put in the tea bag and let it stew in the cup!
(btw im only messing! :p )

Now, now...:lol:

When I have the time I brew a pot of nice Earl Grey or English Breakfast tea (I have a great Bodum teas press), but thats not always possible. :wave:

Upvote 0

justducky78

If you buy the mugs, you can fill your cup up with hot water at the food court and take as many tea bags as you like.

I got sick (bad cold) while at Disney this past May...and this came in handy, big time! Nothing like a hot cuppa tea to cure your ills...:D

Upvote 0

MagicUK

Take a tip- please take your own tea bags- as USA tea does not taste the same unless you buy the brands which are sooooo expensive. I dont think they sell Tetley. Well i have never seen it has any one else?

Upvote 0

MissM

Bill Smugs said:
One of the stores in the UK pavilion at Epcot sells Twinings tea also the resturant there has it too.
AND....the Twinings store sells UK/International flavors that you can't normally buy in the states. There's a delicious Roobios Pineapple that is only available in the UK, but you can buy it there. I have friends in Europe who send me flavors I can't get in the states and I found several of them at the Twinings shop at Epcot! So head's up to tea fans!!
-m

Upvote 0

tigsmom

MagicUK said:
Take a tip- please take your own tea bags- as USA tea does not taste the same unless you buy the brands which are sooooo expensive. I dont think they sell Tetley. Well i have never seen it has any one else?

Tetley is very popular here! I use it daily to make iced tea. We have that plus Lipton, Bromley's, Twinnings, Red Rose and a host of others. Most stores even sell their own brand (like Publix, WalMart,etc) which is made by some of the major manufactures, but are of lesser quality. :wave:

Oh another thing, the water makes a big difference. I travel with my own tea bags and the tea will taste different in other states (as well as different regions within those states) because of water quality.

Upvote 0

cmatt

tigsmom said:
Tetley is very popular here! I use it daily to make iced tea. We have that plus Lipton, Bromley's, Twinnings, Red Rose and a host of others. Most stores even sell their own brand (like Publix, WalMart,etc) which is made by some of the major manufactures, but are of lesser quality. :wave:

Oh another thing, the water makes a big difference. I travel with my own tea bags and the tea will taste different in other states (as well as different regions within those states) because of water quality.

your almost back in my good books as your spot on about the water... for example, southern water (south east englands) tap water is minging when used to make tea - too 'hard' however scottish water is spot on :)

it was ok untill you started going on about the tetleys and iced tea thing... :(

Im an englishman - and offended at that prospect *shudders* :lol:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
cmatt said:
it was ok untill you started going on about the tetleys and iced tea thing... :(

Im an englishman - and offended at that prospect *shudders* :lol:

I never appreciated Iced Tea either, the thought of adding lemon and sugar and chilling it was abhorrent! Until I spent a bit of time in the Southern States in summertime and found out how refreshing it is on a humid day!

Still won't touch the stuff at home, but...

Now, Long Island Iced Tea is a whole other kettle of fish! :slurp:

Upvote 0

cmatt

MontyMon said:
I never appreciated Iced Tea either, the thought of adding lemon and sugar and chilling it was abhorrent! Until I spent a bit of time in the Southern States in summertime and found out how refreshing it is on a humid day!

Still won't touch the stuff at home, but...

Now, Long Island Iced Tea is a whole other kettle of fish! :slurp:

iced tea doesnt EVEN look good on paper.... just like mcdonalds and 'healthy' ;)

even sugar in tea is repulsive :lookaroun

long island tea eh....? am i missing summit?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom