Genie activation date

PeteJW

Original Poster
Hi, We've booked a 20 night stay for next year with 14 Day ultimate tickets and are planning to use them for the last 14 days of our stay. However, the Genie App is showing the tickets as valid for the first 14 days. I appreciate the App needs a 'default' start date but was wondering if anyone knows how it can be changed ? As the tickets are activated from first day of use, maybe the activation date will be reflected in the App with an expiry date 14 days later following the first day of use?

nickys

Premium Member
Hi, We've booked a 20 night stay for next year with 14 Day ultimate tickets and are planning to use them for the last 14 days of our stay. However, the Genie App is showing the tickets as valid for the first 14 days. I appreciate the App needs a 'default' start date but was wondering if anyone knows how it can be changed ? As the tickets are activated from first day of use, maybe the activation date will be reflected in the App with an expiry date 14 days later following the first day of use?
Did you book a package, either through the U.K. Disney site or a travel agent?

If you look at the U.K. site as if you were just buying tickets, you have to specify a start date for the tickets. I think what’s happened is that the start date has defaulted to the start date of your package, if that’s what you booked.

You’ll need to contact the travel agent you booked with. Otherwise call the number on the U.K. site to get it sorted out.

As of today, new tickets have a different validity period. 14 days tickets are valid over 18 days. And there are 3 seasons for the tickets, with an £80 difference between value and peak season. But since you booked yours before today I think the old rules will apply.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom