Generation Gap Bridge

Wisconsin

Original Poster
Now that we know the Legendary Years won't be built at Pop should the bridge connecting the Classic Years to Disney's Art of Animation Resort be renamed?! The "Generation Gap" bridge made sense when it was "spanning the decades" but now...? Should it be renamed and what would you suggest?

GenerationX

Hey, I've got an idea that won't require much alteration to the signage: :D

p1010524-resize.jpg

Lucky

Unless the plan is to share some facilities, like the two Port Orleans resorts, they could even remove the bridge.

Pioneer Hall

Unless the plan is to share some facilities, like the two Port Orleans resorts, they could even remove the bridge.

When the resort was originally announced I explained extensively what I think is going to happen. I believe that this resort will function just like the all stars do now. Once the first half is open you are going to hear how overwhelming the demand is and how pop century will be rethemed. I see no reason why they wouldn't switch the resort over since the current plan would create terrible show and make very little sense. With only half a century and a theme that becomes less significant to every younger generation I think that it will be a no brainer to retheme the place.

Sweet Melissa

When the resort was originally announced I explained extensively what I think is going to happen. I believe that this resort will function just like the all stars do now. Once the first half is open you are going to hear how overwhelming the demand is and how pop century will be rethemed. I see no reason why they wouldn't switch the resort over since the current plan would create terrible show and make very little sense. With only half a century and a theme that becomes less significant to every younger generation I think that it will be a no brainer to retheme the place.

That would make me so happy. As a cartoon geek I was stoked to hear about the Art of Animation resort but really disappointed in their choices of films to feature. It would be outstanding if they could pick some more (and IMO, better) movies for the second half.

NiarrNDisney

I agree! But it makes me wonder what they would do with the exsisting pools at POP :shrug:

Lucky

You may be right. They're certainly not going to re-name it Pop Half Century.

disneydevil1

That would make me so happy. As a cartoon geek I was stoked to hear about the Art of Animation resort but really disappointed in their choices of films to feature. It would be outstanding if they could pick some more (and IMO, better) movies for the second half.

Really? What movies are better than Lion King, Cars, Toy Story and Little Mermaid?

Sweet Melissa

Really? What movies are better than Lion King, Cars, Toy Story and Little Mermaid?
Dumbo, Peter Pan, Cinderella, Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland, to name a few. Granted, my taste in movies (and room theming) is probably not the same as the average guest's. And as far as I know, there are no plans to churn out multiple sequels for Dumbo like there are for Cars, so I would understand if the powers that be don't want to build a hotel wing that won't tie in to box office sales and other merchandising opportunities.

disneydevil1

Dumbo, Peter Pan, Cinderella, Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland, to name a few. Granted, my taste in movies (and room theming) is probably not the same as the average guest's. And as far as I know, there are no plans to churn out multiple sequels for Dumbo like there are for Cars, so I would understand if the powers that be don't want to build a hotel wing that won't tie in to box office sales and other merchandising opportunities.

All good movies except Alice in Wonderland which raped the original story. But Lion King is praised as one of the best animated movies ever.

TRONorail10

While i am very happy that Disney's abandoned resort will finally be built, i am a little upset with the theme. First off the name, "Art of Animation," so is it art themed? or animation themed? or movie themed? The name itself doesn't even flow smoothly, sounds more like an attraction than a resort. I can already see cast members calling it AA for short. Second off, don't we already have a movie themed value resort? Cough, "All-Star Movies." So why are we getting another movie themed resort? Basically, Art of Animation is a second ASM, with family suites added. I think this is really ________-poor planning on the part of TDO. Disney has some of the best creative minds on the planning, and what do we get? the same value resort, twice. i don't care if the movie choices are different, i simply would prefer a completely different theme, which is why i enjoy changing up stays within value resorts, because i have 4 different themes to choose from, and then the sub-themes within the resorts. when it comes to the bridge, i say leave it, as a subliminal reminder as to the extent of what Pop Century was supposed to be. I would have much rather had the other half of the Pop Century built, because i think its fun to take a peak back in time.

SeaBase86

It doesn't bother me what this resort will be themed as. Its not my taste so I won't lose sleep over it. The one bothering this is how is there going to be a Lion King section when Kidani Village is filled with Lion King references?

And oh sorry Lion King was better than Beauty And The Beast.

Kamikaze

Uh, no.

I agree! But it makes me wonder what they would do with the exsisting pools at POP :shrug:

Pools aren't a big deal to retheme. The rest of the stuff will be harder. I call dibs on the giant Mickey phone.

But, in reality, the 'its only a half-century' crap doesn't make sense anyway. All they have to do is rename a bunch of the buildings to fill in the missing decades. There are multiple buildings in each decade right now, so its not like they can't do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom