General Star Wars News

sedati

And yet they missed where it counted the most: the Sequels.

I have always stated what I’ve liked from modern Star Wars. Animation seems to be where they get the most hits outside of Resistance. You also won’t see me at The Acolyte unless I actually hear good things from the people I watch. It’ll be the first Star Wars show where I’ll be spoiling myself before seeing if it’s worth my view.
I'm a fan of the sequels and find it's highs and lows overall pretty consistent with how I enjoy the other films. I feel it has different strengths and weaknesses, same as I can say for the other trilogies. I also know people for whom those films are "their Star Wars."
I left it off the list because most of those people calling themselves "the fans" and speaking for "the fans" are generally wholly negative... except for "Rogue One".

Mike S

I'm a fan of the sequels and find it's highs and lows overall pretty consistent with how I enjoy the other films. I feel it has different strengths and weaknesses, same as I can say for the other trilogies. I also know people for whom those films are "their Star Wars."
I left it off the list because most of those people calling themselves "the fans" and speaking for "the fans" are generally wholly negative... except for "Rogue One".
Rogue One really is the best movie they made I don’t think that can be argued.

Going back to your other post I wouldn’t refer to what’s going on as “whiplash.” If anything it shows that for the majority of people they’re simply very discerning on what they give praise to. They don’t hate everything and they also don’t love everything. That’s just being a normal fan of something imo.

doctornick

I actually think Rogue One was the worse Disney made Star Wars films until Rise of Skywalker came out. I feel like if people could take off their nostalgia glasses, they would see that Rogue One is a pretty weak film. The characters are utterly forgettable and I honestly didn't care about their mission or deaths except that I already had a knowledge of the lore. But if they were stealing some information that didn't directly tie to Episode IV and feature some (admittedly cool) cameos from established characters then people would have been pretty bored by it.

K-2S0 was good though. Pretty much the only notable character in the bunch.

erasure fan1

and about every other episode of Book of Boba Fett
and the end of every arc of Andor.
Even good chunks of Kenobi and Ahsoka.
Uhh, I'm not sure I heard the majority of any fans say any of those were "some of the best star wars they've ever seen". Andor would be the closest, it was well scripted, acted and shot. But it really didn't move the overall needle. But I did hear some call it some of the best. I really liked it but I wouldn't put it in my absolute top content.
Also, "Rise of the Resistance" is phenomenal and the most full experience I've ever had in a theme park.
Rise is phenomenal because it's an extremely well done attraction. The sequels don't have a lot to do with it. With a great ride, the ip isn't the most important thing. So even if you're done with star wars, you can think it's a great ride.
Not to mention games, especially "Jedi Survivor" (and shout out to "Vader Immortal" and the other VR offerings- can we please get updates for the new hardware please? And new stuff)
Video games were a lot more miss than hit. Disney has absolutely squandered that medium with their incompetence in the space. Survivor and fallen order are the highlights.

I don't understand the whiplash comment. Aside from the click baiter Disney haters, most fans just tell it how they see it. Do I think they did an awful job with star wars? Yea I do. Does that mean I won't give something new a chance? Absolutely not. If it's good, I'll give credit. What I won't do is stick up for star wars anymore. It's up to them to prove it. And if they do, and I like it, I wouldn't call that whiplash.

sedati

Going back to your other post I wouldn’t refer to what’s going on as “whiplash.” If anything it shows that for the majority of people they’re simply very discerning on what they give praise to. They don’t hate everything and they also don’t love everything. That’s just being a normal fan of something imo.
Oscillating between something being the best and worst with nothing in-between especially after disavowing it entirely is not a normal fan reaction. It's drama for clicks, an agenda, or the rantings of a small child.

Yes a normal fan has highs, lows, and everything in-between, but at their heart, they like the thing they're watching.

Mike S

Oscillating between something being the best and worst with nothing in-between especially after disavowing it entirely is not a normal fan reaction. It's drama for clicks, an agenda, or the rantings of a small child.

Yes a normal fan has highs, lows, and everything in-between, but at their heart, they like the thing they're watching.
Even for the “drama click baiters” you can say that if they truly didn’t like it they wouldn’t make content about it at all. Of course there’s also grifters that jump on stuff just for clicks. Welcome to the internet sadly.

The only Star Wars focused channel I follow is Thor Skywalker. I gravitated to him because of his fair and calm approach even when being critical.

erasure fan1

Even for the “drama click baiters” you can say that if they truly didn’t like it they wouldn’t make content about it at all. Of course there’s also grifters that jump on stuff just for clicks. Welcome to the internet sadly.
The big problem I see is too many people give these click baiters and grifters too much influence. It's fairly easy to spot the legitimate channels from the ones just looking to bash Disney. I find the average fan just wants star wars to be good. That's why you see this so called whiplash. In my opinion if there's whiplash, that's an indictment on the overall quality of star wars. Even after the train wreck that was 8 & 9, the vast majority of fans still embraced mando. Even some of the biggest bashing sites didn't trash it. They didn't say star wars was fixed but they knew they couldn't dunk on it. But then along comes a book of boba or obi-wan, and it's whiplash.

Mike S

The big problem I see is too many people give these click baiters and grifters too much influence. It's fairly easy to spot the legitimate channels from the ones just looking to bash Disney. I find the average fan just wants star wars to be good. That's why you see this so called whiplash. In my opinion if there's whiplash, that's an indictment on the overall quality of star wars. Even after the train wreck that was 8 & 9, the vast majority of fans still embraced mando. Even some of the biggest bashing sites didn't trash it. They didn't say star wars was fixed but they knew they couldn't dunk on it. But then along comes a book of boba or obi-wan, and it's whiplash.
The funniest part of the Obi Wan criticism was when the actress for young Leia said herself, on stage, how stupid it was when they snuck her out of the fortress under the trench coat lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom