General questions for CM's

wizards8507

Original Poster
I was thinking we could start a thread for any questions people have for cast members that are general in nature and not particularly worthy of their own thread. For starters, I was wondering the following:

1) Do CM's get a discount in D23 memberships?

2) Do CM's have access to EMH? (I assume not.)

3) Do CM's and their guests have access to Fastpass?

CaptainShortty

I was thinking we could start a thread for any questions people have for cast members that are general in nature and not particularly worthy of their own thread. For starters, I was wondering the following:

1) Do CM's get a discount in D23 memberships?

2) Do CM's have access to EMH? (I assume not.)

3) Do CM's and their guests have access to Fastpass?

Hey! Here's the answers to your questions. Let me know if you have anymore. :)

1. We do get a discount on D23 membership but I'm not sure exactly what percentage off it is.

2. We don't get access to EMHs unless we're staying at a resort.

3. Yup, our CM IDs work as our park tickets and thus our fastpasses if we choose to use them. We also have a card for a certain number of admittance's for our guests and when we use that the guest then gets their own ticket which acts just like a ticket you would get. (Just has a special code on it). Thus, they get fastpass as well.

becanya

Great thread idea! I have a few questions too...
1) As a CM, what perks do your family members get? Can you get them park passes? Discounts at resorts?
2) Do you get a standard resort discount? Is the usage of that discount unlimited? Or do you only get like a few weeks a year? Is there a restriction on how far out you can book a reservation using that discount?

wizards8507

Original Poster
1) As a CM, what perks do your family members get? Can you get them park passes? Discounts at resorts?
2) Do you get a standard resort discount? Is the usage of that discount unlimited? Or do you only get like a few weeks a year? Is there a restriction on how far out you can book a reservation using that discount?

I don't know the exact answers to these but I know from other threads that the answers to questions like these are different for different "tiers" of CM. Unless I'm mistaken, it seems to be that hourly CM's with 15+ years of service, along with Management and Professionals, get slightly different perks than hourly CM's with <15 years of service.

CaptainShortty

Since no other CM seems to be posting I'll answer these too. Maybe it'll bump the thread back up there...

1. As CMs ourselves we get discounts on most things in WDW. Hotels, tickets, merchandise, dining, you name it. Each thing has its own discounts and restrictions and often we'll get "special deals" just like you would as a visitor (although the deals are different for us). Depending on what it is, our family and friends can get the discount as well. Often times we need to be with them for them to use the discount to show our IDs and the number of people is often limited by your seniority with the company. We do get an allotted number of park passes for family and friends depending on your years with Disney. We have to be with our family for them to use it although I do think that at some point family members are allowed to get a pass of some sort that proves they are a direct family member (usually only spouse is allowed). They can then use the park passes without the CM actually being there. Not sure of exactly how that works but I know it exists in some form.

2. We do get a standard resort discount although it does go up during certain times of the year. It also depends on if the CM is staying in the room or it is a friends and family rate. We can book the reservations when they become available on the CM website which varies (ex. right now we can book until Dec. 2012). You can book for any week as long as there is availability. They only allot a certain number of rooms for CM discount at each hotel and each type of room and once they're gone that's generally it. Discounts on Disneyland, DCL, Aulani, Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Adventures by Disney each work a little differently and have their own sets of rules and restrictions.

I don't know the exact answers to these but I know from other threads that the answers to questions like these are different for different "tiers" of CM. Unless I'm mistaken, it seems to be that hourly CM's with 15+ years of service, along with Management and Professionals, get slightly different perks than hourly CM's with <15 years of service.

You're right to some degree...You do get different discounts but generally it just has to do with the number of park passes you receive and the number of people you can use your discount for. The more years of service and higher up in the company you are, the more passes you'll get.

Welsh Tink

Hi,

We are hoping to visit our daughter later in the summer, and she has informed us that she will be able to get some passes for us.

You have said that these will also work as a fastpass, but she has told us that she needs to be with us in order to get us into the parks. So does this mean that if she then goes to work at another park later in the day,leaving us alone, we would not be allowed to park hop with these passes? If we leave the park she got us into earlier, do we have to stay there all day?

We are not entirely sure about what we will/will not be allowed to do and some more info would be nice!

Thanks.

spbink

She will have to be with you as you enter the parks for the first time of the day, and at that time you'll get a park hopper ticket to use for the day. It works like any other ticket for fast pass or going between parks, and she won't have to be with you for you to use it after the first entry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom