Garden Grill Questions

Shellybelle

We are planning a trip in May and I was thinking of making a priority seating at the Garden Grill. I've read that it is going through some rehabs (will it be done by May?) but was wondering if anyone could tell me what their opinion is as far as food, atmosphere, etc. I've read somewhere that is it revolving...it that right? Thanks for any help.

Laura

It's my FAVORITE restaurant. We eat there on every vacation. Although we couldn't last month because The Land was closed.

But anyway, most of the food is made right there in the pavillion so its very fresh. I think it tastes amazing. I'm a really picky eater and won't eat anything weird so this is the perfect place for me. My mouth waters thinking about it!

The atmosphere is great too. It does rotate while you eat, usually you will rotate 1 full turn during your dinner, so the scenery is constantly changing. Just the food and the atmosphere make it my favorite restaurant, the fact that there's characters there just makes it over the top!

Upvote 0

figmentfan

My FAVORITE RESTAURANT at WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garden Grill is a Family Style restaurant, which means they give you a pile of food which you share with your family. Don't worry, all you can eat. The Lunch menu includes: Fried Catfish (it is very good), Flank steak (YUM!), roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, vegetables, bread and butter, and drinks. Remember, all you can eat!!!!!! Dessert changes everytime I go there, but last time we had a Hot Peach Cobbler with Cinimmon Ice Cream (YUMMY!)

It is also a character lunch/dinner: Mickey, Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Pluto. The characters are in Farm costumes. The restaurant also rotates 360. Very slowly, though. It takes about an hour to make a full revolution around the restaurant. The scenes you see as you rotate are the scenes from the Living With the Land Boat Ride that runs right below the restaurant.

This restaurant is a must see and eat for any WDW visitors! This restaurant has very good food and decor. :slurp:

It should be open in May some time, hopefully, because I am going Memorial Day weekend. Enjoy your WDW trip.

Upvote 0

jesserin

Garden Grill is our favorite restaurant! We love it! :) Great Food - Wonderful Atmosphere - and though there's been some confusion on this... I heard they would be opening again in May - so let's just keep our fingers crossed!

Note: if you are celebrating any special occassions on your vacation be sure to let your CM know when you check in - they love to celebrate Birthdays, Anniversary's, Honeymoon's, Graduations = you name it - there's a celebration for it!

Upvote 0

jesserin

Oh my goodness is it fun - For all those married and still celebrating (anniversary, honeymoon, not fighting - there's lots of reason's to celebrate :D )

Mickey, your waiter, and a few other characters get the entire restaurants attention, then they have you stand up and repeat your "vows" (country style) then you share a kiss, get a cake, (and a pic) And sign your "rehitched" ceremony with Mickey and Minnie as your witnesses - it's really cute and makes for a wonderful memory!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom