Garden Grill Open on Sun 4/24/2005

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
The Garden Grill resturant was open to the public last night, April 24, 2005.

Its no longer a buffet. You have your choice of entree. I dont know the rest of the menu offhand, other than it looked ridicuiously good.

I have no details as to its operational schedule. It was open yesterday.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
It was open on Saturday, too. Where did all those people get the idea that it wouldn't open until June at the earliest?

Lauriebar

Thanks for the info!! I am in the process of making our priority seating arrangements for our trip and was wondering when GG would reopen.

degunter

Was misinformed

While we were in The Land for the AP Preview of Soarin' I specifically asked a castmember when the Garden Grill would reopen and he told me August. He told me they were going to gut it..... so obviously you can not take anything the castmembers say for certain because they clearly do not have a clue.

I am disappointed to hear that it is no longer a buffet though... that was the best part of the experience!

Oh well.

Laura

Premium Member
WHAT?!! Garden Grill is my favorite restaurant BECAUSE of the all you can eat skillet. Oh man, I'm going to be so upset if I don't like the new menu.

longfamily

I'm happy to hear that it is no longer a buffet. It seemed as though alot of that food went to waste on our table. I would like to add that the Garden Grill is the one restaurant where my family has had the best time and the most unique experience with the characters. On our last visit we stopped in for an early diner and the place was empty of guests. The characters stopped at our table and stayed for a good 15 minutes and did an unscripted comedy act for us while we ate. I was happy to see that these CM's really enjoyed their work and they didn't view walking around greeting guests as a job. They made our experience there truely unforgetable.

dizneykev

I just callled WDW-DINE and was told that the Garden Grill is down for rehab until further notice. There is not a release date on booking this restaurant as of yet. I was told Saturday and Sunday was a private event that was scheduled there some time in the past. The little birdie on my shoulder told me not to expect to eat here before August.

Dizneykev

Laura

Premium Member
Ok I'm seriously sad now. Here's the menu: http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_gg.htm

I don't like anything on it. :( That skillet they had before was the highlight of every one of my vacations. I'm a picky eater and have a hard time finding anything other than mac n cheese to eat, the Garden Grill was one of the very few places I actually liked just about everything they brought. Now it's all fancy stuff I don't like. Man this stinks.

longfamily

Laura22 said:
Ok I'm seriously sad now. Here's the menu: http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_gg.htm

How strange. I would have never thought that they would have gone in this direction with the food. Wine pairings just seem out of place in this particular facility.

The food court down stairs has gone in a more flamboyant direction as well.

I'm curious to know what brought about these changes? It still seems really fun, but I do feel for those people who don't care for this type of food when they were expecting something a little more farm themed.

Captain Hank

I suppose the new style of the food goes with the new, more contemporary, style of the pavilion. I like this kind of food, but I also feel for those that don't. I'm a bit surprised that the menu isn't more vegetable-heavy, especially with the greenhouses downstairs.

Laura

Premium Member
Captain Hank said:
I suppose the new style of the food goes with the new, more contemporary, style of the pavilion. I like this kind of food, but I also feel for those that don't. I'm a bit surprised that the menu isn't more vegetable-heavy, especially with the greenhouses downstairs.

I'm surprised at the menu for the same reason. I'm just astouded at it actually. I mean how does a gourmet meal with wine blend with farmer Mickey? Plus - Epcot is a theme park! I don't go to a theme park to eat fancy shmancy dinners. The old menu they had there was perfect. With the new direction they seemed to have gone in at the Land, it seems like "Living with the Land" doesn't even fit anymore. I mean this place is called THE LAND, not THE AIRPORT.

Sorry to be so negative. I'm just mad that I don't like the menu at my favorite restaurant anymore so I'm having a vent. Don't mind me... :p

shoppingnut

I would have thought there would be more veggie choices too. I like the menu, especially the fondue. I'm looking forward to trying the restaurant, I've never been there since it was a buffet. I really don't like buffets, you tend to eat too many different things and overeat alot of times because you want to try all the different items.

I know lots of folks probably won't be happy about it, but what can you do, I wasn't happy when they stopped serving breakfast at Tony's in MK.

Epcot82Guy

I agree. I think the menu looks great, but it just doesn't seem to fit. I think if the menu, as someone else said, was more garden-inspired it would make more sense. Oh well, these menus are notorious for change, so I wonder if things will add in. Also, the prior GG had sides served as well, so that may include the vegetables to a much greater extent.

At least a menu is something that is easily changed if it really doesn't work!

CSUFSteve

Hello,

Does anyone remember the old Land Grill restaurant from, like 89-91 timeframe? That still was the best experience I've had in that facility because, yes, it had healthier alternatives whose theme was tied into the pavillion. I liked the paper straws that were made from recycled paper and were biodegradable.

I realize I'll be in the minority, but I'm personally fine with no more buffet. I like table service better and feel it's more appropriate for the restaurant. Maybe I'm biased b/c that was my 1st experience. And as much as I love Mickey, I don't need him to be at every meal. Can't Farmer Mickey wander the pavillion without it being part of the restaurant? Kinda seems like the new food pavillion downstairs would be more appropriate anyway, what with the re-theme.

Anyway, like I said, just one person's opinion...

Steve

rabbit1

More Real Food Is A Good Thing

CSUFSteve said:
I realize I'll be in the minority, but I'm personally fine with no more buffet. I like table service better and feel it's more appropriate for the restaurant. Maybe I'm biased b/c that was my 1st experience. And as much as I love Mickey, I don't need him to be at every meal. Can't Farmer Mickey wander the pavillion without it being part of the restaurant? Kinda seems like the new food pavillion downstairs would be more appropriate anyway, what with the re-theme.

You may be in the minority, but you're certainly not alone. I've never been keen on buffets either, and I'm happy to see more table service. I'd have been happier with a broader menu with some other vegetarian options.

I think part of the point of DisneyWorld is that it's more than "just a theme park", which I why people will fly there to spend a week rather than going to a local Six Flags park. Having nice meals is part of that experience for me, and often part of how I "sell" the idea of a trip to DW to others.

Every meal doesn't need to be table service -- in fact, in this case I'm more looking forward to eating at Seasons. But I am very happy to see more options that are neither buffet, nor standard "theme park" food of hamburgers and hot dogs. Maybe it'd even be healthier (though I wouldn't bet on that).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom