Galaxy's Edge & Extra Magic Hours

mccgavin

Original Poster
So I am currently planning to visit Disneyland park on a weekday this month that offers Extra Magic Hours and as someone who isn't a hotel guest I am not sure what the best way to work around it is. From what I've read guests are not allowed to enter Galaxy's Edge until the park opens, but I'm not quite sure how much of an advantage being in the park early gives to those guests. If anyone has advice for getting on Smuggler's Run for this kind of day, I'd really appreciate it.

Darkbeer1

Out here on the West Coast, we don't use the term "Extra Magic Hours" but Early Entry.

You get one day of One Hour prior to official Park Opening on Selected days of the week. Basically Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Most folks go to Peter Pan, Dumbo and the other slow loaders (small capacity of guests per hour). If you want to get to Galaxy Edge, time it so you are at the side Entrance to Fantasyland near Galaxy's Edge. At "Rope Drop" you will have a couple of minutes of head start, that is it.

But then you can be one of the first riders of the day.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So I am currently planning to visit Disneyland park on a weekday this month that offers Extra Magic Hours and as someone who isn't a hotel guest I am not sure what the best way to work around it is. From what I've read guests are not allowed to enter Galaxy's Edge until the park opens, but I'm not quite sure how much of an advantage being in the park early gives to those guests. If anyone has advice for getting on Smuggler's Run for this kind of day, I'd really appreciate it.
If you’re going this month, as in July, don’t worry about extra magic hours (not offered for GE anyways) or even trying first thing in the morning. Wait until about an hour after opening and you should be able to get on in an hour or less.

Everyone rushes to GE the first thing in the morning and wait times swell. Just hang back enjoy the rest of the park early in the morning and get to GE between 10-11a and you’ll be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom