Galaxy Palace at Magic Kingdom

Starfire23104

Original Poster
Hey there! I must say Im pretty excited for my "event" in Disney World comming up in Februrary. My Highschool is going to Galaxy Palace in the Magic Kingdom to perform, we are a very good marching band I should say so myself, this is my first time and Im pretty excited. We are doing our "SLAM" concert there, we had to try out for it of course. We got accepted and we are all pretty happy. We will be there for four days, our slam concert includes the history of rock and roll, such as Elvis, Mowtown, The Beatles, The Doors, Hendrix, Stevie Wonder, James Brown, The Rolling Stones, and Led Zepplin! And I got to remember all of that whew lol. I play the flute in marching band and Im excited of being there... which I stated like three times lmao. We also have lots of light tricks, color gaurd, and costume changed.
Which me luck and just wondering if anyone else has been there? Thanks for reading my terribly long statement o.o lol ^_^;

Jessie&Buzz

Awesome! I was in marching band also. When I was in 7th grade our band director promised us that we would go to WDW by the time we were seniors. It never happened. :cry:

Hope you have a great time!

KnightRonin

Very cool.
My son's Middle School band just played the Galaxy Theater in November. They have an excellent band, but the school didn't publicize it very well so that the parents and friends of the band could come and see them. I think the band director was hoping that the usual Disney crowds would fill in the seats.

Well -- the usual Disney crowds were too busy getting Stitch's autograph or waiting in line at Buzz Lightyear to pay any attention to a local-yokel band.

I'm not blaming them, really, but my advice is to RALLY RALLY RALLY friends and family to make the trip to see you or, at the very least, have your chaperones gently encourage some of the surrounding guests to have a seat and listen to an excellent performance.

Nothing says heartbreak like a theater populated by a few chaperones and a lot of empty space. At least they got a free trip to Disney out of it, right?

Starfire23104

Original Poster
Thanks and yeah that would be the cool part. Yeah my parents can't go though cause well. . . I live in NJ far off. Lol So I think it will be fun either way, with friends at Disney World and a performance is good enough for me ^_^ We are supposed to be recording music to a disney movie? So says my band director. That seems pretty cool.

DisneyMusician2

Anyway, good luck! The Disney World performance is always a fun one! Make sure you stop and look around a bit or you just might miss it in all the commotion!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom