Galaxies Edge Updates Thread

J4546

Original Poster
Galaxies Edge is getting an interactive bounty hunters game pretty soon. It uses magic bands (optional, you can also just use your phone) and augmented reality for a hunting game. Thats a pretty good upgrade to the land imo, hopefully even more to come. They have also abandoned the specific timeline, so seeing characters from all the series in the land is gonna be a thing soon, looking forward to that.

I would love to see the sit down food establishment from the concept art come to fruition. Also would love some kind of walkthrough museum with props and perhaps a few photo ops scenes like Launch Bay. Then Get rid of launchbay and both parks could use those massive spaces for much better things

MagicHappens1971

Galaxies Edge is getting an interactive bounty hunters game pretty soon. It uses magic bands (optional, you can also just use your phone) and augmented reality for a hunting game. Thats a pretty good upgrade to the land imo, hopefully even more to come. They have also abandoned the specific timeline, so seeing characters from all the series in the land is gonna be a thing soon, looking forward to that.

I would love to see the sit down food establishment from the concept art come to fruition. Also would love some kind of walkthrough museum with props and perhaps a few photo ops scenes like Launch Bay. Then Get rid of launchbay and both parks could use those massive spaces for much better things

From what I understand the magicband is not optional and you will not be able to do the game without it. I believe this game is being discussed in another thread

disneyfireman

Can we change G.E. to the original trilogy or at least the prequels? The Kennedy inspired last 3 were just so sub par for Star Wars it isn't even funny....let Dave and John redo the area...maybe even throw in Mando...but why on earth did they design it around the last 3? dumb dumb dumb. Even the prequels would have been so so superior to what it is...Not saying its bad...but just think of what it could have been....

ChrisM

If they released 3 more missions for Smugglers Run, each taking place in 1 of the 3 main trilogies, that would be really awesome imo and help take that ride and the land to another level. Right now SR is pretty meh at best with 1 boring mission.

The coaxium mission is just a hilarious miss. I still can't wrap my head around having a ride featuring the most iconic spaceship in film history and building it around a boring "snatch and grab" mission featuring something 99% of the riders know nothing about. Having it be real-time generated computer graphics and then featuring only the one single mission is also so mind-bogglingly stupid that it's impossible not to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

The interiors are great. And the Hondo animatronic is cool....even though no one knows who the hell he is.

Brilliant work, Disney. Medals all around.

Jobacca

I wish they would open a storage-container style Imperial themed bar/restaurant somewhere in the land. Would be cheap and easy to install,could offer snacks and drinks and be Imperial/First Order themed with propaganda and holograms all around it.

MagicHappens1971

I wish they would open a storage-container style Imperial themed bar/restaurant somewhere in the land. Would be cheap and easy to install,could offer snacks and drinks and be Imperial/First Order themed with propaganda and holograms all around it.
There is a very intricate story/background to Batuu. Building something first order centric wouldn’t make sense. (In the current timeline/story) I wish that if Disney were going to build more Star Wars inspired lands elsewhere that they would choose to make it around the entire franchise. Choose a planet featured in all 3 of the sets, like Tatooine, and build the story around that. That has its own problems based on the current model of storytelling though

MagicHappens1971

They have also abandoned the specific timeline, so seeing characters from all the series in the land is gonna be a thing soon, looking forward to that.

Just so you know this has only occurred at Disneyland and will most likely not be happening at DHS. Also while yes they’ve introduced characters from outside the current timeline, using the phrase “abandoned the specific timeline” is dramatic. Batuu is a Resistance outpost, set in between Episodes 8 & 9.

ChrisM

Just so you know this has only occurred at Disneyland and will most likely not be happening at DHS. Also while yes they’ve introduced characters from outside the current timeline, using the phrase “abandoned the specific timeline” is dramatic. Batuu is a Resistance outpost, set in between Episodes 8 & 9.

I doubt most guests even really comprehend that's what it's supposed to represent. And it really doesn't need to be locked into that "story" - pretty much everything that's there can work as is with no specific timeline or attempt at a storyline.

Bocabear

There is a very intricate story/background to Batuu. Building something first order centric wouldn’t make sense. (In the current timeline/story) I wish that if Disney were going to build more Star Wars inspired lands elsewhere that they would choose to make it around the entire franchise. Choose a planet featured in all 3 of the sets, like Tatooine, and build the story around that. That has its own problems based on the current model of storytelling though
I understand the story is intricate and the timeline is what it is, but that tends to make the argument more for the side of not keeping to the timeline. This addition to the park is gigantic. and expensive for two attractions. I have been on the MF a couple times and have no desire to go on it again...really the same with ROTR. They are elaborate and well done...but neither has the re-rideability of Splash Mountain or Pirates of the Caribbean.
I am glad Star Wars has a presence, but they seem to have hogtied any expansion with the design and adherence to the timeline...It needs an addition of fun and whimsy...not just violence, rust and decay.

Furiated

I doubt most guests even really comprehend that's what it's supposed to represent. And it really doesn't need to be locked into that "story" - pretty much everything that's there can work as is with no specific timeline or attempt at a storyline.

I'm still amazed that they aren't abandoning the stupid timeline thing faster after seeing how much guests love seeing all the different characters walking around Avengers Campus and not caring about timelines there.

ChrisM

I'm still amazed that they aren't abandoning the stupid timeline thing faster after seeing how much guests love seeing all the different characters walking around Avengers Campus and not caring about timelines there.

It's literally mind-boggling.

I love continuity and in-depth storytelling. But it absolutely does not matter here. People want to see cool, popular characters. People want to see references to things they love (original trilogy). They are still trotting out Vi Moradi instead of C-3PO and R2-D2? Is this some sort of sick joke? Imagine if the Universal Potter lands featured such incredible locations as Cedar Rapids, Iowa, where via some random novella we discover is the new home of Sirius Black's rocket motorcycle, and is populated by characters from an obscure internet persona's fan fiction? Crowds as far as the eye can see, I'm sure!

The concept of synergy with the sequel trilogy could have been a home run if it was more successful, but it didn't work out that way. They took a swing and it missed. It happens. But the pivot doesn't require some sort of insane investment. It just requires the most minimal of effort and the apparently impossible task of swallowing some egos.

Furiated

It's literally mind-boggling.

I love continuity and in-depth storytelling. But it absolutely does not matter here. People want to see cool, popular characters. People want to see references to things they love (original trilogy). They are still trotting out Vi Moradi instead of C-3PO and R2-D2? Is this some sort of sick joke? Imagine if the Universal Potter lands featured such incredible locations as Cedar Rapids, Iowa, where via some random novella we discover is the new home of Sirius Black's rocket motorcycle, and is populated by characters from an obscure internet persona's fan fiction? Crowds as far as the eye can see, I'm sure!

The concept of synergy with the sequel trilogy could have been a home run if it was more successful, but it didn't work out that way. They took a swing and it missed. It happens. But the pivot doesn't require some sort of insane investment. It just requires the most minimal of effort and the apparently impossible task of swallowing some egos.

I wish I could like this post more than once.

I also feel bad for Vi. Nobody ever reacts because nobody knows who she is. Why not at least work her into the RotR preshow or something to introduce her to people?

MagicHappens1971

I wish I could like this post more than once.

I also feel bad for Vi. Nobody ever reacts because nobody knows who she is. Why not at least work her into the RotR preshow or something to introduce her to people?
In the design process, Vi was supposed to be in the RotR pre show where Rey is now. Disney had the same thought (nobody would know who she was) so they replaced her with Rey.

J4546

Original Poster
I could see the Muppets land, star tours, and even Indiana Jones stunt show area leveled and redone as a new star wars land set on another planet. That wpuld be pretty cool imo and Honestly, if they relocated and kept the IJ show possibly in MK, and preferably give the Muppets a bigger presence in all the parks I'd be fine with it.

Joel

I could see the Muppets land, star tours, and even Indiana Jones stunt show area leveled and redone as a new star wars land set on another planet. That wpuld be pretty cool imo and Honestly, if they relocated and kept the IJ show possibly in MK, and preferably give the Muppets a bigger presence in all the parks I'd be fine with it.
I'd rather Disney not dedicate more land to showing their contempt for 90% of Star Wars fans until they've proven to have learned from their mistakes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom