Future of Blue Sky Studios at Disney and the Parks

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster

Movielover

With the news that Disney is closing down Blue Sky Studios what's the future of the Ice Age movies? Also what about the other franchises and the rumors of some of the movies being added to Disney Parks?

Sadly their legacy may be nothing more than being listed in a “More movies you may like” tag after finishing The Good Dinosaur on Disney+...

doctornick

Yeah I saw. Is there still a possibility we see Ice Age come to AK or any other Blue Sky IP come to the Disney Parks?

Sure. Disney still owns the IP. In fact, I suspect that they probably didn't want to sell the existing IP with Blue Sky which would make the division relatively worthless to other media companies which is why they shut it down rather than sell.

I don't think we'll see any of the Blue Sky IP in the parks, but there's nothing stopping them if they want to. Provides programming for D+ though which seems like the main value for them (and I guess any branded toys they sell too)

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Sure. Disney still owns the IP. In fact, I suspect that they probably didn't want to sell the existing IP with Blue Sky which would make the division relatively worthless to other media companies which is why they shut it down rather than sell.

I don't think we'll see any of the Blue Sky IP in the parks, but there's nothing stopping them if they want to. Provides programming for D+ though which seems like the main value for them (and I guess any branded toys they sell too)
Yeah that definitely makes sense. if EPCOT ever gets the Brazil pavilion we could get a RIO ride or show. I still think Ice Age is a big possibility for a ride or land. The movies are still pretty popular. Plus some people already confuse them as Disney movies 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom