Fuming Mad at this Bonkers Website!!!

stevehousse

Original Poster
O my Disney Experience...how I loath thee...trying to book fast passes and I'm checked in online. Go to choose my group and only my wife and me have tickets listed on the website. My kids tickets are no where to be found??? What the he ll!!! I am so sick of trying to use this website and come up empty handed every time! It's always something with this! A billion dollar company should be embarrassed their website works like this with so many bugs!!! Beyond frustrated!!! And now I have to wait until the morning to call and have them try to fix this mess! All the good fast passes better not be gone!

erasure fan1

A billion dollar company should be embarrassed their website works like this with so many bugs!!!
I agree, they really should be ashamed. We had to call as well because our kids just vanished from our family. It seems like every time we go on the site, there is a glitch of some sort. The whole thing is just under baked, it needed a lot more time to be ready.

stevehousse

Original Poster
I was finally able to do everything, but under my wife's Disney account?!? I'm the main account holder for out to so who knows???? But at least it worked and we got everything we wanted.

Ben_since_1971

Unfortunately, this is not just an MDE issue - Disney has ALWAYS had problems with their website, going back many years. It wasn't until only a few years ago you could make dining reservations online, and before that, making changes to any reservation and seeing them appear online required a system refresh, meaning you had to wait until the next day.

The Disney computer system is light years ahead of where it used to be, in all aspects. But still light years from where it could be.

Disney4family

I was finally able to do everything, but under my wife's Disney account?!? I'm the main account holder for out to so who knows???? But at least it worked and we got everything we wanted.
I'm glad you were able to get everything. It is frustrating. It was never like this before. I don't like the added stress and, on top of that, their incompetence at having a functional website. The excitement of anticipation is replaced with the frustration of being "limited" in your fun and in fear of not being able to do the fun must-dos you want to do.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Guess I'm in the minority when I say I've never had issues with the Disney Website (over any aspect... booking, reservations, FastPass, etc.) In fact, I was thrilled when I was able to really easily modify my FastPass+ for a trip in two weeks to include FastPass viewing for Wishes (on a Saturday no less!)... yeah, yeah, I know many of you might call that a wasted FastPass, but it's my wife's first EVER trip to Disney and I wanted the absolute best way to cap off our first night of the trip...

CaptainAmerica

The only problem I've had is that MDX doesn't seem to like it when you change things. I've moved some dining reservations around and occasionally it'll still show the "old time" of a reservation that I've rescheduled. It seems to work fine when you cancel a reservation and then make a new one, but it had problems when changing the time on the same reservation number.

Ben_since_1971

Guess I'm in the minority when I say I've never had issues with the Disney Website (over any aspect... booking, reservations, FastPass, etc.) In fact, I was thrilled when I was able to really easily modify my FastPass+ for a trip in two weeks to include FastPass viewing for Wishes (on a Saturday no less!)... yeah, yeah, I know many of you might call that a wasted FastPass, but it's my wife's first EVER trip to Disney and I wanted the absolute best way to cap off our first night of the trip...

I have never had any issues either since the rollout of MDE either. What they have been able to provide is awesome and as a planner I love it. It just took them forever to get to this point and the old way they used to do things was so bad............

Jahona

I don't remember the website being all that terrible in the early 2000s. It wasn't until they started to do heavy interactions and flash did it go down hill. I've never had an issue with making a reservation or having one of my reservations mess up in MDE. I get errors on the site every once and a while when trying to do certain things and usually have to go back or refresh.

Circa 2001 I think
VthMiEt.png

sjhym333

My experience has been the same as yours. I use the system a lot since I am a local AP holder and I never have had issues with the site.

Mumeof3

I wanted to pay off my reservation and after 5 tries I gave up and called and the person asked about my room request if I had any I said yes I did it on my online check in,it was not there so she wrote it in,then she asked if I needed ME I said yes I put it in she said not there ughhhhh,you just have to do the old fashion calling I guess

polynesiangirl

I don't have a lot of flat-out problems with the Disney website, but good grief, it could and should be so much better. I'm not talking about My Disney Experience, either -- just their site in general. For years even prior to MDE it's been slow, had weird behavior, and things that should be SO easy to do on the site are not available (e.g. why can't I add or modify Magical Express info for an existing reservation online? Why do I have to call to cancel a reservation when I can book one online? Why, Disney, why?)

I work in IT, which gives me kind of a weird perspective on all of this, because on the one hand I feel like there are so many things they could do better, and on the other I have endless empathy for them because a lot of the comments I see about My Disney Experience could have come from any client I've had on any number of IT projects. I feel like I've walked a mile in their shoes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom