Full time entertainment phone interview

magicdance

Original Poster
I recently attended a character/parade/ puppeteer audition and it went pretty well. I received a call the other day and am being considered for a full time position. I had to send in an application and have a phone interview scheduled for later this week.

Is there anyone that has been through this process before and can tell me what the phone interview will be like. I was a CP so am familiar with that hiring process but not sure how this will differ.

Does Disney offer housing to its non CP employees? if so what kind?

What kind of things can a full time of employee of this kind expect as far as work/hours ?

Any info would be great!

Pioneer Hall

I recently attended a character/parade/ puppeteer audition and it went pretty well. I received a call the other day and am being considered for a full time position. I had to send in an application and have a phone interview scheduled for later this week.

Is there anyone that has been through this process before and can tell me what the phone interview will be like. I was a CP so am familiar with that hiring process but not sure how this will differ.

Does Disney offer housing to its non CP employees? if so what kind?

What kind of things can a full time of employee of this kind expect as far as work/hours ?

Any info would be great!

Disney doesn't offer housing to FT employees. You would have to find something on your own if you were to take the offer. As a full time employee you would be expected to work full time hours...at least 40 per week.

PeoplemoverTTA

My brother has a friend who works in entertainment as a friend of Mickey and Minnie. When she first started out full-time, she would work 60+ hours during peak seasons, and would have significantly less than 40 during slow periods. From what she told my brother, it was tough for awhile, but she moved up through the ranks and now has a pretty desirable position for entertainment CMs.

She now works during tapings and at appearances across the US and Canada as Mickey or Minnie's friend. Pretty good gig (she started as a CP 9 years ago, came back for a second, and became a FT CM in I think 2001. She's been in her current position for at least 2 or 3 years, to give you an idea of the timeline)!

Check out orlando.craigslist.org for an idea of apartment costs....you may be better off looking for a roommate situation until you get on your feet. There are a ton of CMs looking for roommates on Craigslist, and once you get hired, on the portal as well (or in Eyes and Ears).

Good luck!

magicdance

Original Poster
Thank you both for your quick response. It seems I am getting more nervous by the minute for my interview tomorrow.

So even FT CM are paid hourly and not salaried positions.
Do you know if there is variability in the job or are you hired for one specific position? i.e. goofy's friend?
Thanks

Mecha Figment

if you are a goofy friend don't count on getting 40 hours a week
they are overstaffed now as it is. you won't relaly be making money if or until you get trained ina show or parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom