Full Time Benefits?

weluvpluto

Original Poster
Hi,
We (my DH, me, and our two daughters) may be looking to move to Florida in the not so distant future and to make a long story short I may need a job not so much for the pay but for the health insurance. Can anyone tell me the premiums for a family plan with WDW and how good the coverage is? (out of pocket expenses)

Since we started vacationing there, we've always wanted to move to FL, our opportunity may be coming a lot faster than we thought :animwink:

Also, does anyone know what cities have good schools, low crime, etc, that we should look for a nice home for around $175K

kal1484

The insurance. This is the job for you. The health is wonderful, with great coverage, but low premiums.

The house, may be a problem however. The housing market is VERY hot right now. I only rent right now, so i'll let others chime in for this part.

Bullredchaser

In Ft Lauderdale a 200,000 home is about 900 sq feet,40 yrs old and in the ghetto.There are still some nice homes in the 350,000 range down here that are 2-3 bedrooms with about 1800 sq feet less than 20 yrs old.

CariBear

We are renting in Clermont and looking to buy a home asap. I can tell you that the prices for new homes are around $300K for a home in a nice area, around 2000 sq feet....this is basically the price range throughout the Central Florida area. Anything new under $300K is very, very rare. Resales for a home with 1700-1800 sq feet are anywhere from $250k and up(in Clermont and Davenport). Homes are on the market one day and gone the next.

We are probably moving to north Lakeland (south of Disney), but new homes still begin around $260K....if you can find a community that isn't already sold out.

The housing market is crazy these days!

weluvpluto

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies!

How much are property taxes in FL?
And what are condo prices like? Are they as bad as homes?

CariBear - Do you mean brand new just built homes or "used" :lol: homes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom