News Fuel rod swap to remain free at this time.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The cups are linked to your reservation so as soon as it hits a certain point on your checkout day the cups stop working.

seascape

Give it 6 months and the machines will be gone
I think they should have a hybrid option. Charge $2.00 a swap but have it free for Annual Passholders and DVC members. That way an annual fee could be included to both groups to cover the fixed costs of the machines while the profits would come from the sale of new fuel rods and the small swapping fee for those without membership.

markc

The cups are linked to your reservation so as soon as it hits a certain point on your checkout day the cups stop working.

No. They aren't linked to a reservation. Let's not spread false info! :)

Cast Members manually select the end date of the cups - usually 2 weeks from activation.

Jon81uk

No. They aren't linked to a reservation. Let's not spread false info! :)

Cast Members manually select the end date of the cups - usually 2 weeks from activation.

Yes but as they are sold as "length of stay" if you exceed two weeks the CM will check your check out date from the Magic Band before extending the cup validity. We were there just over two weeks and they asked me to tap the magic band before they would extend the cup expiry. So they are sort of "linked" by the CM manually checking your dates.

markc

Yes but as they are sold as "length of stay" if you exceed two weeks the CM will check your check out date from the Magic Band before extending the cup validity. We were there just over two weeks and they asked me to tap the magic band before they would extend the cup expiry. So they are sort of "linked" by the CM manually checking your dates.

Totally agree. But to say they are expressly linked to your stay is a little misleading.

We also all know the loophole around the system for those wishing to enjoy Ice tea which has nothing to do with length of stay ;-)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom