Frozen Magic Bands

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

Original Poster
So Disney have released limited edition MB for frozen in HS, do we think they are going to open this up so you can chose any character when ordering your MB or just make them to buy and keep raking in the money off them?

sjhym333

I expect that Disney will continue to send the colored MagicBands to hotel guests and AP holders and will only sell both open ended character bands as well as the limited edition ones. Disney knows that this is a revenue generating thing and they will continue to do it. Considering that Disney gives hotel and AP holders free bands and does not require anyone to actually buy a MagicBand to participate in FP+ I say more power to them in trying to make some $. Personally I was intrigued by the Star Wars ones (but I thought the price point was high) and could care less about the Frozen ones. So I will continue to wear my yellow or green one until a new one catches my eye. Possibly a MagicBand that is themed to one of my favorite attractions?

lazyboy97o

Yea that's what my thoughts were, I wonder if they will offer them at an extra charge when you order them for your stay
I think they'd sell more that way but I think people would expect a discount. They'd probably be able to make that discount less than the retail price of the regular MagicBands.

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

Original Poster
I think if you can add it on to your holiday costs more people will go for it also you should be able to reuse your MB's rather than sending new ones out all the time. That should them a small fortune

lazyboy97o

I think if you can add it on to your holiday costs more people will go for it also you should be able to reuse your MB's rather than sending new ones out all the time. That should them a small fortune
MagicBands can be reused for at least some time until the battery dies. Figuring out the likelihood that a person's battery has died is probably more of a hassle than just sending new one constantly to those who frequently return. Those batteries working are important for the upcharge offerings.

MissM

I wish they could at least make cool character covers to put on them, if they don't make actual character bands.
You can always opt for something like this: http://dvccentral.com/cover-bands.html

I bought the Haunted Mansion wallpaper one and it looks pretty good and I haven't had any problems with it coming off or warping or whatever.

ETA: Here's another site too: http://www.myfantasybands.com/category_12/--Family-Favorites.htm (I haven't used those but I presume they're the same kind of thing.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom