Frontierland Shootin' Arcade

disnyfan89

Original Poster
The main website is listing the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade - Closed For Refurbishment [ Thursday, June 09 - Friday, September 30 ]. Seems like an awful long time for such a simple offering to be closed.

SeaCastle

If I'm not mistaken, Pecos Bill's just went down for an exterior refurbishment and guests are being directed through the Caribbean Plaza/Frontierland portal walkway. Assuming that Frontierland is next on the facade refurbishment project following Main Street and Fantasyland, I would imagine that they'll be working on the facade of the Shooting Gallery next.

JustInTime

Well, they have already done fantasyland and Mainstreet...but I would have thought bits of Tomorrowland would have been next.

Scuttle

I also hope TDO changes it a bit and adds a few more interactive targets. I sure hope they don't just change the facade.

Refurbs or ?

Anyone else think this might be goodbye to The Shootin' Gallery. Just thinkin' the PC powers that be may not be to keen on kids playing with guns.:(

Master Gracey 5

Anyone else think this might be goodbye to The Shootin' Gallery. Just thinkin' the PC powers that be may not be to keen on kids playing with guns.:(

I'm guessing jsut a refurb, its still really popular and if we're talking about removing attractions where kids shoot at objects, then Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin would have to go too.

I know when I was there this winter I there were some targets that didn't work right and I used one gun where I had to aim about six inches left of the target for it to hit. At the very least, some recalibration is bound to be planned.

NewtoDisney2009

I'll be honest, I have never understood the attraction of the shooting arcade. Is it really popular? Why?:shrug:

Oh, and I love Alladin! Who can't love the spitting camel?

Brian_WDW74

Perhaps, but I don't think so. It's popular and is one of the few attractions that actually adds income, since you have to pay $1 to play. Besides, they haven't removed the rifles inside Fort Langhorne at TSI.

Patrick_Ears

Ahhh we was just talking about this the other day. I guess we have to wait and see what they do. Unless you already know......... :lookaroun

Bork Bork

I love the Shootin' Gallery, and I love that it's getting some love, but isn't 4 months a little excessive for just some recalibration and freshening up? Was there a fire there too? I'm no expert, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see something new/different when it opens October 1.

Wait, isn't Oct. 1 the official 40th?

Slowjack

I'll be honest, I have never understood the attraction of the shooting arcade. Is it really popular? Why?:shrug:

Oh, and I love Alladin! Who can't love the spitting camel?

1. The Shooting Gallery is a hoot. It's what I wold call a "pocket attraction," one of the little things you could easily miss doing, and something that won't bowl you over, but is unique and fun. (The old-time "arcade" games on Main Street were another great pocket attraction).

2. The Aladdin spinner is, in itself, inoffensive. My objection, and the objection of most who dislike it, I think, is its placement. Prior to Aladdin's arrival, you had a nice smooth transition through different areas of dense vegetation. Now you're just walking along and --whoa! We're in Agrabah!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom