FRONTIER AIRLINES

Chipster

Original Poster
Has anyone had recent experiences with Frontier - they are starting to fly from my local airport and have some great rates. Any help is appreciated.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Cheap, no frills. You have to pay extra for all the extras: seat choice, checked luggage, etc...

If you plan to use them even twice in the same year, join their club (the Den). The annual fee for that is easily offset on the discounts. Also, you get deals for buying the extras at a discount including the extra room seating.

If it's a local airport, then you save a lot on travel time and parking. With my local airport (Trenton NJ), the security checkpoint doesn't even open until 45 minutes before the flight. None of this "get there two hours early" stuff.

These small carriers thrive on having a fleet of the same, new moderately-sized planes which makes for a lot of efficiency in their upkeep and planning.

Chipster

Original Poster
I realize you must purchase a seat and pay for luggage but it's getting to the point you do that for most airlines. Aside from that, were you satisfied with their service.

jaklgreen

The cheap comes out expensive. The cheapest fares that they publish are usually their economy seats(the middle seats). So if you want to sit with your family then you will need to upgrade some seats to isle and window. Plus they have baggage fees and and only allow 1 free carry on. I think that if you are travelling solo and do not mind a middle seat in the back of the plane then you can get a good deal.

tigger1968

About the same as every other airline now. No frills and literally anything beyond a middle seat is an upcharge. Other than that, flew them on my last trip with no issues. They were actually cheaper than Southwest even with all the bag fees and whatnot.

Dad 2 M & M

They are as good as Spirit and you have to behave. I fly either from Atl to MCO depending on which is cheaper. Spirit is ALMOST always cheaper and is even cheaper if you buy your tickets at the airport - cheap Spirit's website, bottom left corner.

Anywho, I've never had an issue with either, but was cautious not to violate anything that would trigger an up-charge.

On Frontier, included you can have one "personal item", but it can't but anything larger 8" x 18" x 14" ....think "backpack". They also allow any medical device such as CPAP, etc..

Flying out of ATl gives many choices, with Spirit and Frontier being the most affordable if traveling light with no carry on or checked bag.

No issues whatsoever with service of Frontier Airlines.

Courtney6682

I purchased 4 round trip tickets from PHL to MCO for $484...about $120 per person! We have flown them a few times before and never had any major issues.

Ciara

Was pleasantly surprised when we flew with them and would again! Our flight arrived early on both legs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom