Trip Report From JAX to Disney....a farewell to our daughter

It was coming. 😔The first would leave the nest someday, and that day was Sunday, 7/12/20. My daughter was leaving for Jacksonville for her first speech therapy job in a school district down there. It was an interesting departure as my nephew, daughter, and wife would drive down to FL from PA with all of the "stuff" in a pickup, tow-a-long, Jeep, and my daughter's vehicle. We had a going away party on Saturday with the family, and Sunday went way too fast. I had a flight on Tuesday morning from Philly to Jacksonville which sometime mid afternoon Saturday came into question when my son who was supposed to be home to watch our two dogs decided to visit a friend in CT for the week at the last minute; change of plans :mad:. Well, there goes my visit to my daughter's first apartment in FL. I was disappointed, but I rolled with it. I saw them off on Sunday with a tear or two knowing that it would be at least a month before I would see my daughter again. After thinking it over Sunday night, I put some plans in place to have the dogs looked after by my mom, and I decided that I was going to use my $22 round trip flight from Philly to Jacksonville anyway. I packed a small bag, and I left for my departure at 3:30AM to travel to Philly on Tuesday morning. I wouldn't regret it one bit because it was a great four days with my wife and daughter. We moved in on Tuesday, and we spent the next three days at Old Key West with park reservations to Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot. The pictures of this adventure are soon to follow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom