free dining upgrade to deluxe cost?

chanchanchannie13

Original Poster
staying at AKL... hopefully if the free dining comes out. we're huge on dining at disney.. so is it possible to upgrade the free dining to the deluxe plan? and about how much would we be looking at to do so? 3 people (one adult, two children. 6 night stay)

DisneyRoy

Yes you can. You would just have to pay the difference between the standard plan and the deluxe plan. That equals a difference of $50 per night. $60 per night for the standard to $110 per night for the deluxe. Just know that the deluxe....is ALOT OF FOOD. 3 table service per day. I would say it's overkill unless you plan on doing a lot of signature dining.

CAPTAIN HOOK

You would just have to pay the difference between the standard plan and the deluxe plan.
I'm not so sure on this. We have the free Dining Plan for our 14 night stay at AKL (coincidence) this August. I looked at upgrading from the DP to the DDP and the system was going to charge the full price for it NOT the difference between the two.
I guess that as the DP was "free" it had no monetary value, so to select the DDP meant I paid in full ?? I don't know whether this was a mistake on the part of the holiday company (UK site) or Disney just being greedy

Tink28

I got the QSDP for free from the UK, and have upgraded to the DDP, it cost me £9 per person per night, which at current rate of exchange was about $13.00

Tinkerkelle

I got the QSDP for free from the UK, and have upgraded to the DDP, it cost me £9 per person per night, which at current rate of exchange was about $13.00

We did that last time too, stayed at a mod (CBR) and upgraded the free QSDP to the DP but are staying at the Contemporary this time so get the DP free. Even the DP was a lot of food. We thought we'd have to supplement the 2 meals and snack a day but it worked out the opposite. With such a lot of food consumed at the buffets and a main and dessert for the other meals, as well as the portion sizes of the QS meals (often sharing 1 between 2) we saw the QS and snack credits mount up. This time we are making a plan of attack to make sure we use those snack credits for delicious sugary treats in the park rather than having to grab a pile of bagged sweets to take home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom