FP Using The New Wrist Band..

Rob562

Hadn't seen that one before. I guess it makes sense that would be available right away.

Thanks for the info.

I also think that's how same-day users without a MDE login will use FP+. (I'll emphasize that this is just my presumption, I have no inside info)

For every ticket that is sold and *not* associated with a MDE profile, the system will have a "virtual" account for just that Band/Card. When you tap that Band/Card at an in-park kiosk it'll give you access to making FP+ reservations for just that Band/Card, either for just the current day or for the number of days available on the ticket.
But since there is no MDE profile, there are no Friends & Family linked profiles, and thus each ticket-holder would have to scan and reserve their own FP+ choices.

Perhaps if a non-linked Band/Card is scanned at the kiosk, it'll first pop up a window saying "This Band/Card is not associated with a MDE profile. Would you like to log in, create one or skip this step". Linking the Band/Card to a profile would then tie it all together and import any current FP+ reservations on the Band into the MDE profile.

-Rob

That makes a lot of sense, Rob. One thing seems certain is that the coding of the system would be flexible. If they want to add features, just write new code to do it. That's one of the reasons I'm not wringing my hands about things I dislike about the current form of FP+ as we know it--particularly the one park per day limitation. I will definitely be expressing my desire for park hopping in the current system during my next visit. If enough people express a similar desire, I would think the coding would be written to allow it.

SydScarf

We will be visiting in October (21st thru 26th) and are completely lost on this wristband/fast-pass topic. If I understand it correctly, you have to be asked to be part of the test group for the wristbands...or am I incorrect and everybody has been switched to the wristbands? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

lazyboy97o

We will be visiting in October (21st thru 26th) and are completely lost on this wristband/fast-pass topic. If I understand it correctly, you have to be asked to be part of the test group for the wristbands...or am I incorrect and everybody has been switched to the wristbands? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
"Asked," as while some people earlier in the testing where being directly solicited, it appears more people are just having the option appear on the Walt Disney World website and the My Disney Experience app.

ddrongowski

Even though I have the app I plugged the times into my phone calender. Saves battery that way and if the app goes down I still have the info without the kiosks.
Saves battery? Didn't you hear or read that WDW is going to have phone charging stations through out the parks? That way you can stand around for 30 minutes while you charge your phone. That is of course after waiting 3 hours for one of the usb ports to be available.;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Staying at All-Star Movies...been seeing where you can schedule your fastpass in advance...but unsure it that means you have to have a wrist band
If you are seeing the FP+ options in MyDisneyExperience, then you can make reservations.

You do not need to have bands or link bands to participate in FP+. They will instead issue you an RFID Key to the World card at your hotel (which, all the hotels have this now...just not all of them have bands or FP+ testing). This KTTW card is compatible with the poles used at the FP+ stations for rides.

SydScarf

If you are seeing the FP+ options in MyDisneyExperience, then you can make reservations.

You do not need to have bands or link bands to participate in FP+. They will instead issue you an RFID Key to the World card at your hotel (which, all the hotels have this now...just not all of them have bands or FP+ testing). This KTTW card is compatible with the poles used at the FP+ stations for rides.

Thanks...So, if I can access FP+, we can use it...do we all have to do it or can I do it for me, the wife and kids?
And that means we would get the RFID bracelet and not a key card?

Tom

Beta Return
Thanks...So, if I can access FP+, we can use it...do we all have to do it or can I do it for me, the wife and kids?

Unless there's a glitch in their system, yes, you can use FP+ on your trip if it's allowing you to reserve them in MDE right now.

As for participation, it's all or nothing (I believe), meaning everyone in one room will be part of MM+ if you opt in. That doesn't mean you all have to get the same FastPasses, or any for that matter, but one person on the reservation can't opt out of the program.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Unless there's a glitch in their system, yes, you can use FP+ on your trip if it's allowing you to reserve them in MDE right now.

As for participation, it's all or nothing (I believe), meaning everyone in one room will be part of MM+ if you opt in. That doesn't mean you all have to get the same FastPasses, or any for that matter, but one person on the reservation can't opt out of the program.
Good point...I didn't even think about a glitch in the system (and I should have, cause there are quite a few in my experience!) Shame on me!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As @Tom noted...everyone staying on the reservation has to participate in the system...but that doesn't mean they have to "use" it or even that they have to make the same reservations. So, if you have a larger party, and someone just wants to stick to paper FPs (as long as they are still around) you will be fine.

Additionally, yes...if you are seeing FP+, during this test phase that implies that you are eligible for the MagicBands.

Look in MDE...on the first screen...you may need to scroll down and look on the right hand side menu options. You should see a "Customize Bands" option.

But, if you didn't want to use the bands (either now or during your trip) the front desk at your hotel can issue you RFID cards.

Also, at least when I was testing, they were issuing both. Though I think I recall reading a report from someone who went more recently who said they stopped doing that (though, I tested the first week of August, so it's not like it was THAT long ago)...

But, if you want keycards (for whatever reason) just go to the front desk. You can actually use both at the same time (it won't deactivate your bands unless you request that). So, another example/idea would be to get the cards and use them at the parks/resorts, and use the bands for waterparks, etc. <shrug>

Rob562

If you're asking "Can I make FP+ reservations for everyone, or does each person have to do it individually?" you can have one person handle all of the FP+ reservations for your family. You just have to set up a profile for yourself and then "managed by you" profiles for each member of your party. After that, you can then make reservations for everyone.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom