FP+ Testing to End January 5

mweier

Original Poster
I just got off the phone with tech support trying to link my friends and family's account to my own so that I can help manage everyone's FP+ reservations for Feb 1-8, 2014.

The CM said that she couldn't guarantee where things will be after the "testing period ends January 5th". I confirmed, "So you're saying it's possible they'll just go back to the old FP system?", to which she replied, "yes. We won't know until that time."

I tried confirming if I could still enter my FP+ for everyone 60 days out from our arrival, and she said, I *should* be able to, but that again she couldn't guarantee where things will be with FP+ and MB after the test period ends.

Has anyone else heard anything about this from a CM?

Gomer

I don't know how much it means in reality, but I made FP+ reservations this morning out to 1/12/13. My vacation does start 1/4 though, so it's possible a start date prior to 1/5 got me grandfathered into the current test.

awoogala

It may be they are tweaking, so that a "different" system might be in place. Perhaps this is when things might change for "on-site" vs. "on-site deluxe" type of "tiers" (which, yes, is all conjecture and rumor, and we don't know anything officially, etc. ;)). I don't see that Disney can continue with everyone at every resort having 3+ of whatever they want, and it working.

docdebbi

Just to confirm what you were told, we were also told exactly the same thing when making reservations last week. We assumed it was just something they had to say....but that FP plus will continue. Just a change in phase of testing. But yes, they are telling people that

Weather_Lady

So, you don't think on the night of 1/5 the castle forecourt will be full of executives apologizing to guests about the complete fiasco that was fastpass plus followed by Tom Staggs committing seppuku at the Japanese pavilion on a live feed that is projected on the castle? Cuz, that's my guess.

Ah, seppuku! That was one sharp analogy! One so rarely reads anything on a Disney board that conjures up 20-year-old memories of evenings spent reading Yukio Mishima. In fact, I'm pretty sure this is a first.

ExtinctJenn

I heard the same thing when they announced testing would end 11/30 and I asked the question for our December trip. Essentially the CMs are told to say anything is possible. Not long after we created a thread to discuss just like yours, December opened up for everyone and most of us got invites into testing (2 weeks after we were able to do it all on MDE anyway). The rumor then, and some WDW News Sites even reported it as fact, was testing ended 11/30 and it'd go live 12/1. They were proved wrong obviously.

I'd think that in this case, if they are saying testing is now going to end 1/5 that there are two options: 1) It's going live on 1/6 or 2) A new round of testing will begin on 1/6.

I don't think that a 3rd option of them reverting back, especially after the December test removed KTTW cards, is even a slight potential.

Jeff456

Would be great if the whole thing was scrapped all together and we can go back to KTTW, or at the very least that FP+ is scrapped, I dont think the bands in themselves are too bad. Of course it won't happen like everyone says, too much money has been spent for this to be given up on!

mweier

Original Poster
Mb's don't seem to be the issue, FP+ systems and wait optimizations are. That said, I agree that the party line is ambivalence but as others have said, no way are they giving up on this considering the investment already made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom