FP Selections at AK with 4 year old?

jacksdad

Original Poster
Planning a December trip to AK with my 4 year old, and wondering what would be recommended for FP selections at AK?

It will be our first time at AK so I really have no idea what's suitable for a 4 year old? Looking at the list I'm thinking It's Tough to be a Bug, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Dinosaur?

Or is there something else I should consider? Also, approximately how long are those rides, and how much time should I space FP selections apart?

Thanks!

PinnySmart

I would do the safari, Dinosaur and Festival of the Lion King. Tough to be a Bug is a people eater and would be a waste of a Fastpass in my opinion. I have never waited more than 5 minutes.

Weather_Lady

Definitely do Kilimanjaro Safaris, and if you think your 4-year-old won't be scared by Dinosaur, then do it. (For the record, my 4-year-old daughter enjoyed it.) Kali River Rapids would be a good choice, or a show if you don't care to do Kali. As others said, "Tough to Be a Bug" doesn't really merit a FP.

The good news is that AK is (in my experience, anyway) the park least in need of FP. We don't even bother with them at AK: except at the most crowded times of the year, if we get there at rope drop and do Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest (not with a 4-year-old, obviously) and Dinosaur first, we can spend the rest of the day making a leisurely tour back through the park to do everything we missed, without encountering any unreasonable waits.

After Dinosaur, be sure to save some time for your little one to do Triceratop Spin! My children loved it just as much as Dumbo in the Magic KIngdom. It may not offer the high-tech effects of some of the other attractions, but there's just something about a good old-fashioned spinner... :) She might also enjoy playing around at The Boneyard.

stevehousse

It all depends on the height of your child with the rides at AK. Are they 40 inches or taller? My almost 4 year old on our trip in May, he was just 40 inches so he went on the rapids ride and dinosaur! Also the safari of course!

SAV

Oh man...the Dinosaur and It's tough to be a bug concern me for a 4yo. Both may be too intense for a little one.

I'd do Killimanjaro Safari, Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo the Musical. You can always to standby for ITTBAB and go on Dinosaur later in the day when it is close to walk on if you want to try it.

HRHPrincessAriel

Oh man...the Dinosaur and It's tough to be a bug concern me for a 4yo. Both may be too intense for a little one.

I'd do Killimanjaro Safari, Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo the Musical. You can always to standby for ITTBAB and go on Dinosaur later in the day when it is close to walk on if you want to try it.
It all depends on the kid. My 3 year old was move scared of the Bug movie than anything else....that and Philharmagic. Everything else she was tall enough to ride(40 inches) didn't even blink.

jacksdad

Original Poster
It all depends on the height of your child with the rides at AK. Are they 40 inches or taller? My almost 4 year old on our trip in May, he was just 40 inches so he went on the rapids ride and dinosaur! Also the safari of course!

Good point, hes about 44 inches now, no slowing down. I also has to factor in my parents who are in the area and likely join us, as far as FP are concerned... but it doesn't sound like AK warrants the FP as much as say MK?

stevehousse

Good point, hes about 44 inches now, no slowing down. I also has to factor in my parents who are in the area and likely join us, as far as FP are concerned... but it doesn't sound like AK warrants the FP as much as say MK?
The good thing about the rides at AK is that they all are people eaters! Plenty of times I have gone with fps and either not used them or rode twice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom