FP/planning help in Epcot

basmal8

Original Poster
Have FP+ for Test Track at 10:05am. Breakfast reservations at Akerhus at 10:30 am.

Was planning to go to Soarin' at rope drop (9am), no EMH this day (Monday in May).

QUESTION:
Is it possible to ride Soarin, then standby line for Living with the Land and still get to Test Track in time to make our 10:30 reservations?

Trying to keep all family members happy this Monday morning...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It would be tight, but not impossible... assuming you are the first person in line at Soarin, it still takes a couple minutes to get to Soarin, then you add in the length of time to walk the queue, watch the pre-ride video, wait for enough people to get there to load the entire ride, then add in the length of time of the attraction and (IMHO) you'd be off of Soarin no earlier than 9:20. Living with the Land would have a minimal wait that early, but even with no wait, it's about a 16 minute ride from the time you board until the time you get off the boat, so you're looking at about 9:35-9:40 when you get off of Living with the Land (under ideal circumstances). That gives you plenty of time to get to Test Track, but Test Track is a decent walk from The Land, so there's not a whole lot of time to spare. They'll allow you to check in for your fast pass up to 5 minutes early, so, if you check in at 10 am, you should be fine to get through the attraction and make it to Norway by 10:30. The challenge is going to be beating most of the crowd to Soarin, but if you can do that, I think you'll be okay. We recently had a 8:30 reservation at Akerhus with the park opening at 8:00 am. We were able to get to Test Track (right after rope drop) with a moderate jog and get through the stand-by line and the attraction and still made our reservation on time.

Test Track (with a FP) and Soarin in 1.5 hours should be no issue. Just decide to do Living with the Land based off of the time when you get off Soarin and how long the line at Living with the Land is (keeping in mind that it's a 16 min ride). If you can be to Test Track by 10 am, you should be fine, so I'd say you want to make sure you are boarding Living with the Land by no later than about 9:35/9:40 and you'll be okay.

Last edited:

bethymouse

Has Living With the Land changed or something? Every time we've gone, there has been absolutely no line and no need to waste a FP!:confused:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
No need for a FastPass for Living with the Land but the line depends what time of day you go. Based just from my trip last week, seemed lines were always longer around lunch time (sometimes up to 30 minutes or so which I think is ridiculous). First thing in the morning, the line should be minimal, but it is a really long attraction so you need to keep that in mind when including it in your plans.

stevehousse

I would be weary about a 1005 FP and then a 1030 ADR. Idk what the normal wait time with a fast pass is, but on our last trip, it took up 30 minutes in the fast pass lane to ride. And this wasn't just once. We came back later in the day to use our baby swap pass and again waited 30 minutes in the FP line to ride. I would see if you could get another time for TT.

JohnD

It's doable but VERY tight. Assuming you get to Soarin' in a reasonable timeframe after Rope Drop (it's about a 10 minute walk), then you finish it by, say, 9:30, you'll be right across from LWTL. You would pretty much need to be able to hop on without a wait. It's about a 15 minute ride. That puts you out about 9:45. You have 15 minutes to make it to TT at a high speed walk. Obviously, your FP+ is for the entire hour 10:05-11:05, but because of your 10:30 ADR, you need to be on it right when the window opens. Let's say you board TT at 10:00 a.m. (they let you on five minutes early). You're finished by 10:15. Then you have to hoof it across the bridge by Odyssey, past Mexico, then to Norway. You'll make it but you'll be wiped out. Good thing you have a sit down meal to catch your breath!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom