FP+ party changes

TTA94

Original Poster
I have family and friends who are passholders added to my MDE account, and I had made fast passes for 4 of us on SDMT. Well my two family members can no longer attend that day, but I have two friends coming to visit who have not yet purchased park tickets.. So what I'm wondering is once my friends purchase tickets and I can add their tickets to my account, can I swap out my two family members FPs with my two friends? Without giving up and cancelling those two FPs risking someone else grabbing them until I can do the swap and add my two friends back on? If that makes sense.

The easy way would be to add my two friends then remove my two family members.. Except there more than likely won't be the availability to do so.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Rob562

This *might* actually be easy to do in the newly updated MDE/FP+ system... Unfortunately I'm currently only connected to one friend who has an active ticket/AP, so I can't fully test it myself.

But *you* might be able to if you're willing to experiment with the group as you have them now. If you've made your maximum FP+ choices for your trip, choose one that you have that's low priority and easy to re-book, since you'll be cancelling at least part of it. (i.e. do *not* try this on your Seven Dwarfs FP+...) ;)

In the new FP+ system in the app, view your FP+ and choose the "guinea pig" FP+ by tapping on it. Choose "Change Party". Remove one of the people in the group. Save the changes.

Then, go back into the FP+ and go to Change Party. Remove someone else, and re-add the previously-removed person. Then save the changes. If all goes well, it should swap out the two people.

And if you're willing to experiment even more, fully cancel an easily-replaced FP+. Then see if you can find a tough-to-get FP+ option for one person (like a single FP+ on Seven Dwarfs). Then try the swap-out procedure from that person to someone else.

-Rob

Rob562

I just re-read what I wrote and I realized I made it much more complicated than it needed to be. To get a more definitive answer, cancel an easily-replaced FP+ you have booked. Then try the final option I laid out where you book a FP+ for only one person on a difficult-to-get attraction. Then try swapping it.

After you're done, you can replace the previously-cancelled FP+.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom