FP+, next FP++, followed by good luck

BigRedDad

Original Poster
I, like others, do not like the FP+ system. I hate having to plan my days out months in advance. I want to go, relax, enjoy, and not have to worry about a clock other than waking up and getting to rope drop. I liked going to the kiosk, getting what I wanted, then getting another when I could.

Does anyone else think that FP+ is just the starting point? What I mean is that there will be changes to it and they are going to get ugly quickly. My belief is that it will turn to a FP++ system and then move to a YOU'RE SCREWED system.

FP+: Anyone staying on site can begin requesting their 3 FPs 60 days in advance.

FP++: Deluxe resorts can reserve 90 days in advance, moderates 75 days, and values 60 days.

Privileged: I think it will turn to this. Double Deluxe Resorts (GF, Poly, BLT, CR, or any room that is over $400 per night) get 5 FPs per day and can reserve 90 days in advance. Deluxe Resorts (WL, AKL, SSR, OKW, BC/YC, BWV, etc rooms over $300 per night) will get 4 FPs per day and can reserve 90 days in advance. Moderate Resorts get 3 FPs per day and can reserve 75 days in advance. Value resorts get 2 FPs per day and can reserve 60 days in advance.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the old paper FastPass was still being used, I was under the impression that guests staying at higher tier resorts were able to get sooner FastPass windows than other guests (or maybe that's just a rumor). Even if not, I know with the paper FastPass it was much easier for Disney (and travel agents) to hand out extra FastPasses as perks. I know when we booked our trip to Disneyland several years ago through AAA they gave us like 5 anytime/any ride FastPasses.

I guess being from an area of the continental US that is about as far from a Disney park as possible (Pennsylvania), I'm used to parks not having a FastPass system or having to pay extra for a "line jumping" system. As I'm sure most of you know, at Six Flags, their version of FastPass (FlashPass) is not free and they have multiple levels depending on how much queue you want to skip and how much you are willing to pay. If Disney did the same thing (more or less) by offering better perks to guests paying more to stay at the higher end properties, I'd completely understand.

In the long run, as a guest who is used to lines in major non-Disney/non-Orlando parks, I think I could still have a great time at Disney even if I didn't book any FastPasses at all. I'm more or less used to going to places like Cedar Point, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Six Flags Great Adventure, or Hershey and waiting in a 1-2 hour line (usually in the heat, with no interactive elements, and no themeing to enjoy) and from my experience recently at Disney, 1-2 hours was really the worst lines I saw while I was there and that was only for the major E-ticket attractions. Being able to skip just one or two of these big lines at no additional out of pocket expense to me is already a perk on its own.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
FP+ may continue to evolve and their is an expectation from many that on-site guests will see something of a perk to boost WDW resorts but not in the near future IMO.

I don't believe they will lengthen the window, it is already 60 days which is 30 days longer than off-site and AP guests. Instead I fully expect ranges of FP+ count by resort and room type such a Deluxe Club Level may get one more than Deluxe which get one more than Moderates and so on.

As it is today, CM can add FP+ allowances/rides to your account in certain locations for guest appeasement but it seems they do it a lot less than they used to.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The "rumor" of greater FP privileges being extended to higher resort levels has been around since the paper passes debuted in 1999. While is is always a possibility, if they have not done it yet I just don't see them doing it in the future.

Mouse_Trap

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the old paper FastPass was still being used, I was under the impression that guests staying at higher tier resorts were able to get sooner FastPass windows than other guests (or maybe that's just a rumor).

AFAIK a complete myth.

As soon as corporate figure that most of NextGen has failed, I'd imagine they will quickly seek to monatrise the FP+ elements.
Personally I wish they would scrap it all and go back to 1 line per ride. Much better.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Privileged: I think it will turn to this. Double Deluxe Resorts (GF, Poly, BLT, CR, or any room that is over $400 per night) get 5 FPs per day and can reserve 90 days in advance. Deluxe Resorts (WL, AKL, SSR, OKW, BC/YC, BWV, etc rooms over $300 per night) will get 4 FPs per day and can reserve 90 days in advance. Moderate Resorts get 3 FPs per day and can reserve 75 days in advance. Value resorts get 2 FPs per day and can reserve 60 days in advance.
Don't forget Concierge level Privileged guests - they will have CM's physically walk over people standing in the line ahead of you to ensure you get to the front of any line
I was under the impression that guests staying at higher tier resorts were able to get sooner FastPass windows than other guests (or maybe that's just a rumor).
This is incorrect

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
AFAIK a complete myth.

As soon as corporate figure that most of NextGen has failed, I'd imagine they will quickly seek to monatrise the FP+ elements.
Personally I wish they would scrap it all and go back to 1 line per ride. Much better.
Yeah...I remember the days before fastpass where you were thrilled if the line for Space Mountain was under an hour. No thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom