FP+ for Passholders?

JohnD

Original Poster
While I will be staying on property 11/10-12, as a passholder, on a whim I made FP+ reservations in MK for early December for Dumbo, Haunted Mansion, and Jungle Cruise. I had no problems making them. Naturally, I released them as soon as I made them.

So it would seem that passholders can make FP+ reservations without staying in a resort. (Surely MDE would have already taken into account my check in/check out dates.)

Rob562

You presumably already have a Magic Band for your upcoming stay. That's the key (for the time being).

Once an AP holder stays onsite and has a Band linked to their profile, they have access to FP+, even after they check out. The one restriction is that when they're not staying on a reservation, they can only have a maximum of 7 days' worth of FP+ reservations at any one time.

-Rob

JohnD

Original Poster
You presumably already have a Magic Band for your upcoming stay. That's the key (for the time being).

Once an AP holder stays onsite and has a Band linked to their profile, they have access to FP+, even after they check out. The one restriction is that when they're not staying on a reservation, they can only have a maximum of 7 days' worth of FP+ reservations at any one time.

-Rob

Well, I ordered a MB. Since less than 60 days since the reservation, presumably it will be waiting for me at the hotel.

JohnD

Original Poster
I live in Florida, four hours away from WDW. I made a last minute reservation through an Orbitz deal on 10/31 for my stay 11/10-12. I already had an account. I logged in and added the confirmation number to the account to link the reservation. MDE then gave me the option of customizing the MB. I picked red. My understanding is that if a reservation is less than 60 days out the MB will be delivered to the resort rather than my home.

Rob562

I live in Florida, four hours away from WDW. I made a last minute reservation through an Orbitz deal on 10/31 for my stay 11/10-12. I already had an account. I logged in and added the confirmation number to the account to link the reservation. MDE then gave me the option of customizing the MB. I picked red. My understanding is that if a reservation is less than 60 days out the MB will be delivered to the resort rather than my home.

Ah, ok. I don't think the cutoff is 60 days out, but it's definitely more than 10 days, since even with a regular reservation made many months out the Bands are shipped around the 28-day mark. (You get access to customize at ~60 days out)

You should have them waiting for you at check-in.

-Rob

JohnD

Original Poster
Although I wasn't specifically invited, it appears I'm part of a MyMagic+ test if I want to be part of it (see image below). Since I have already customized my Magic Band, MDE now says, "Pick up your customized MagicBand order at your Resort Front Desk." I cut off the disclaimer language from the image but have quoted it verbatim below it.

WDW MyMagic.jpg

"*Credit card must be presented at Resort hotel check-in for purchases with MagicBand.
Purchases are charged to your Disney Resort hotel account.

**FastPass+ experiences, the number of selections you can make and arrival windows are limited.

This invitation is sent to you based on your arrival date and Disney Resort hotel. It is nontransferable
and void if sold.

Based on your participation in this test, you will be asked for feedback on your planning and vacation
experiences from Walt Disney World Research."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom