FP+ for MK Fireworks Viewing

GoofyPalWalt

Original Poster
A few questions that have probably been answered before but I missed them. With my experience, I probably should know these but there is always something to learn!!:geek:

Is it worth using a FP+ to reserve space for fireworks viewing at MK? Does it count as a regular Fast Pass and prevent park hopping and more FP's for that whole day? Where is the fireworks viewing? (I know I saw this in another thread, but wondering if the hub construction is changing anything) We will be there in October.

Rob562

Unless it's moved and I totally missed the announcement, the Wishes viewing is the grassy area between the central part of the Hub and the rose garden in the NE quadrant of the Hub. It'll most likely stay in this location until the new viewing locations are ready in the currently-under-construction southern end of the Hub are done.

As for whether it's worth it, I guess it depends on a few factors including how much you want to deal with the crowds, how early you're OK with getting to your viewing location (since you can wait until later to get to the FP+ area) and whether you're OK with being a bit off-center from the show.

And yes, reserving the Wishes FP+ will keep you from being able to make that revolving 4th FP+ until after the show.

-Rob

habuma

Is it worth using a FP+ to reserve space for fireworks viewing at MK? Does it count as a regular Fast Pass and prevent park hopping and more FP's for that whole day?

The FP+ viewing area (at least when I was there in May and I believe for now) is in the Rose Garden area. It seems like a comfy place to see the fireworks, so if that's all that's important to you then yes...it's worth it. HOWEVER...

It is off-center, which makes watching Celebrate the Magic before the fireworks less enjoyable. Also it does tie up a FP for the entire day, so it's standby for you after you burn through those other 2 FP+ choices. For those two reasons, I generally recommend against it.

What has worked for me is to stake out a spot near or even a bit south of the Partners statue and watch CtM and Wishes from there. Don't get too close to the castle, though, or the castle will block your view of some of the fireworks. If you're on the south side of the statue, you might be able to position yourself so that there are no people directly in front of you and the statue doesn't block your view much or at all.

If you want to burn a FP+ option on a show, then you can get a FP+ for MSEP and then, after they remove the ropes, move back to Partners for CtM and Wishes. This worked for me one time, although I'm unlikely to use FP+ for MSEP again...just show up early-ish and find a spot behind the rope that blocks off the FP+ viewing area and you get FP+-quality viewing without using a FP+ (we did this for FoF and it worked wonderfully).

GoofyPalWalt

Original Poster
Thanks all for the answers. Guess we'll stake out our spots early like we have for years B4 FP+ came along and everyone started to reinvent the wheels of progress!!!

Dwarful

MK is the one park that has the most options for the 4th rotating FP. I personally wouldn't waste a FP on the fireworks because then you can't use that 4th option. We went May 31 - June 8.....and the fewest FPs we used at MK was 9 and the most was 12 (I think...it might have been 13).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom