FP+ ? for Animal Kingdom

tink9702

Original Poster
Hi,

My plan was to head to the Safari first & obtain FP for Everest (use rider switch), Kali River Rapids & then half the group would get a FP for Dinosaur and the other half for the Adventures Outpost. However, I just realized that the Adventures Outpost might only be once a day at 9am? Can anyone confirm that? If so, would you still do Safari first, or head to Adventure Outpost first and get a FP for Safari? If I still get a FP for AO, can I make it from Safari in time?

thanks!

stevehousse

U do know that you can't walk up and get paper fast passes right? Everything is done online or at a FP kiosk in the park. You need to get 3 per person is the minimum...

tink9702

Original Poster
sure! But we want to ride Safari early in the morning because the animals are more active & with young kids (3 & 5 years old) the less waiting in line the better of a day we will have! I'm probably over thinking it but don't want to miss anyone's favorites! (Safari for me, characters for DD, Everest for DS & Kali for all of us)

Weather_Lady

If you're arriving at rope drop (especially during a time of year with lower crowds, or during a morning EMH), you should have no trouble doing Kilimanjaro Safaris, Everest, Kali, and then Dinosaur/Outpost within the first hour or two after park opening, without Fastpasses.

As @stevehousse noted, however, if you do want to get FP+ for AK, you need to do it ahead of time on the MyMagic+ system, as the old paper Fastpasses have been discontinued. Although there are in-park kiosks where the MyMagic+ system can be accessed to make FP+, you can't rely on there being any available: when we visited in May during a lower crowd time, FP+ for Kilimanjaro and Kali were already "sold out" before the park opened! Still, we didn't need them, since every attraction was a walk-on for the first 90 minutes after park opening (except for Kali, which had a wait of about 10 minutes by that point.)

Rob562

Not sure why you'd think that a FP+ for character meet & greets would only be available for a single time slot each day, but anyway....

To answer your question yes, you can do what you want: FP+ for EE and Kali and then split the group between Dinosaur and the Meet & Greet, assuming you'd want to do Safari as Standby. The easiest way to do a split group like that is to make your all three FP+ choices the same for the entire group and then go in and change the single FP+ for the people who need it.

Since you can get the "revolving" 4th FP+ after you use the first three, you could make your FP+ for the Safari, EE and Kali and then go to a kiosk and make your 4th ones for the two groups that are splitting apart.

-Rob

tink9702

Original Poster
Yes, I'll be booking online for FP+ tonight (30 day window starts). I'm thinking I'll try to get EE, Kali & Dinosaur/AO and take our chances at Safari but be there for rope drop. that should work!

tink9702

Original Poster
The Disney website is apparently misleading on the Character Meet/Greet. They show times for only 9am for a bunch of them. It's in the same place where you look at the times for shows. :(

Rob562

Well it does list the hours as 9a-6:30p on a random day I just checked, though I do admit that it does only give you a 9am time when you try to add it to "My Plans". Though that's just because it's continuous from start time to end time.

-Rob

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
sure! But we want to ride Safari early in the morning because the animals are more active & with young kids (3 & 5 years old) the less waiting in line the better of a day we will have! I'm probably over thinking it but don't want to miss anyone's favorites! (Safari for me, characters for DD, Everest for DS & Kali for all of us)
Actually Late afternoon close to the ride closing is the best time to ride Kilamajaro Safari. Usually by park opening (later morning like 8-9) the popular animals start to move less and sleep like the Lions, etc. Now if you could be there around sunrise real early morn you would see them out a lot but at AK that's not possible unfortunately. This comes from actual Cast Members that work there and they tell you this info on the tours, etc. Especially true for Giraffes, Lions, that most want pictures of. We have gotten some wonderful pics of those almost like they were posing for the camera. We now always go late afternoon due to this. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom