FP+ becoming like ADRs?

horizons82

Original Poster
Does anyone else feel like it's only a matter of time until FP times are going to become just like ADRs where some are taken up immediately as soon as the window opens up?

Maybe not at the 60 day window for the resort guests, but with everyone going to have access to FP+, does anyone else see it becoming a similar situation as ADRs where popular attraction FPs are going to be totally taken up the day the 30-day window opens, just like reservations for BOG dinners are often gone at 180 days out?

I feel the more FP becomes the norm and the more people understand how it works that it is only a matter of time that FPs and ADRs are almost the same in the rush that people will be making to get them for the most popular attractions.

This is exactly my concern.

My other long term thought is: would they ever consider doing away with stand-by and require you to reserve all of your experiences?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
This is exactly my concern.

My other long term thought is: would they ever consider doing away with stand-by and require you to reserve all of your experiences?
Yes, and even further, it wouldn't surprise me if they did not go back to a version of how they originally charged for experiencing the park. A flat rate to get in, then charge per attraction via ticket books. Only now, you can link your band to your "account" and in addition to your flat fee to get in, you are charged for each attraction you experience.

Tom

Beta Return
There is significantly more capacity in the FP system than there are dinner seats though. And just think about how many guest still don't know about ADRs. Probably half the guests in a park on any given day either don't know about ADRs or don't care.

I feel the same will apply to FP+ for a while. Sure, Disney is advertising it intensely, but how many guest will simply not care or feel it's too much trouble to use it?

My friend was down there last week for a conference. He had evenings free to visit the parks. One morning, he woke up and headed to his conference. Some time that morning, he logged onto MDE from his phone, and booked all three mountains in the MK for that evening. And last week, the parks were fairly busy.

During our trip 4 weeks ago, we changed most of our Fastpasses during our trip - many the day-of. I think we encountered one instance where there was no availability for something. For the rest, it may have been for later in the evening, but we were still able to move or change them with ease.

I think people are fearing the worst, which will only be the case during absolute peak times. And in those cases, even FP+ doesn't make for a pleasant park experience, since those will literally be the only 3 things you do.

ninjaprincesst

I don 't think so because we were there on a band trip over spring break we had no advance fastpass and we got everything we wanted at the parks easily and it was very crowded.

ninjaprincesst

I do think a lot of people have trouble with the times of fastpass not because they are all gone but because the MDE site stinks. When we were getting our fastpass even Disney cast members were having trouble getting the times to come up, the MDE likes your fastpass to all be lumped together, it does not like to separate them until you make it. The cast members were at times getting quite frustrated with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom