FP+ & baby swap

meganw1985

Original Poster
How is FP+ going to affect the child swap?

When we went last summer, we would be able to get 2 FP (one for my hubs and one for my older son) and they would give us a rider switch pass at the entrance for myself and my older son to ride again. So with 4 FP's, my husband and I would each get to ride twice, and my oldest would get to ride 4 times. All within and hour window (we only actually did this on Soarin, but essentially could have done it more or gotten FP's for two rides at once).

Will they still give out rider switch passes? Will I need to consider that while making FP reservations? Will it cause a problem with one of us ending up having to ride alone?

stevehousse

This is what happened to us when we wnt in Nov. I have 2 boys, ages 2 and 5. We would need ride swap passes since the little one couldn't go on most of the rides that offered swap passes.

We essentially would grab a ride swap, and whoever went first (either me or my wife) would take our 5 year old and scan our bands to use our FPs. Then we would switch and would use the ride swap pass, essentially, whoever went second, had a FP left over unused. We would then take that unused FP an change it to a different attraction in the app so I could go on a bigger ride my son didn want to go on, like splash or space mountain is what I did.

My wife doesn't like to ride rides alone, so I got the extra advantage doing this! I would just grab my wife band if she had the unuse one and just scan hers and go through or would use my own.

Do u have a small child that can't ride, or do u just ask for a ride swap and were being given them? Everytime we asked for one they made sure we really had someone waiting or if they saw my little one we would automatically give it to us.

At AK, me and my son had gotten head of my wife and small child, and the cm almost wasn't gonna give me one because she essentially didn't see my other party members...

stevehousse

Ok so what happened with us will happen with u then with an unused FP on someone's band. Do u or your husband feel ok riding a ride alone? You can switch who gets to use the unused FP and switch it to another ride u want to go on! I lucked out because my wife doesn't like to ride alone.

meganw1985

Original Poster
I don't really like to ride alone, but I don't think he will mind.
Let me make sure I have this straight. Scenario: we plan on going to the magic kingdom on, say, Monday evening. We have fastpasses scheduled at space mountain, splash mountain, and big thunder mountain. We go at our FP time to space, and get 1 rider switch pass. Hubby and son ride using 2 FP's. Myself and my son ride using rider switch passes (essentially using no FP's). So I have a FP left on my MB that one of us can use alone or change to another ride and ride alone. Right?
So will the baby's MB not be eligible for FP+? We were able to use his card to get them last time. It isn't a problem, just wondering.

stevehousse

That is correct. My 2 year old had a magic band, but there is no ticket media associated with his band because he's under 3 and doesn't require a ticket. You also won't be able to schedule a FP for the baby, they get on the ride with u "Scott free" so to speak(if u FP any rides that the baby can ride) The KTTW cards can still be given out, but you cannot use them for legacy FP anymore, as that is going away. And the unused FP u or your hubby can ride the same ride again or switch it to a different ride. If u switch to a different ride, it will still schedule it for the same time as your current ride, so after you switch the attraction, you need to go and the switch the time if you aren't going to make it in time...

meganw1985

Original Poster
Ok thanks for your help. I think I will use those "extra" ones for maybe like Peter Pan, little mermaid, pooh. Things I could take the baby on so the big boys can wait for big boy rides if they want :) that should work out well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom